|Verizon provides unparalleled voice, data and video services in the Bay State.
Annually one of the largest investors in the Massachusetts economy and infrastructure, Verizon continued to bring communications and computing innovation to the Bay State's consumers and businesses in 2011. Verizon invested more than $500 million in its Massachusetts wireline communications networks and IT infrastructure last year. Read the press release.
Here are some fast facts.
Key Operational and Financial Statistics for Verizon Companies* in MA
- We serve more than 2.7 million accounts in Massachusetts.
- We operate a fleet with more than 3,000 vehicles. We invested more than $729 million in plant and equipment in 2011.
- We own or manage 144 buildings or locations in Massachusetts.
- We partner with more than 3,400 vendors and suppliers.
- We employ more than 9,500 people in Massachusetts.
- Our employee payroll is approximately $644 million annually.
- We paid more than $244 million in healthcare costs for employees and retirees in 2011.
- We pay more than $197 million annually to nearly 14,000 retirees in MA.
- More than 50,000 Verizon shareowners live here.
- We made more than $3 million in charitable and civic contributions in Massachusetts in 2011.