way to success.
Win a single record deal and $10,000!
Verizon is teaming up with music mogul Kevin Liles and mega producer London on da Track to bring back the art of freestyle with the #freestyle50challenge – a nationwide emcee competition.
The #freestyle50challenge celebrates the roots of hip hop and the evolution of culture. We want to discover that one artist who has the potential to be a new voice for hip hop.
Think you have what it takes? Here’s how to enter:
Post a video of yourself freestyling to Tee Grizzley’s “No Effort” instrumental on Twitter or Instagram.
Use the hashtag #freestyle50challenge and tag @Verizon. Deadline for entry is August 4.
- The nation’s top eight freestylers will have the opportunity to battle it out at a live #freestyle50 cypher event in Los Angeles.
- A single record deal with 300 Entertainment produced by London on da Track
- $10,000 cash
- The chance to open for a 300 Entertainment artist on tour
Watch Kevin Liles introduce the #freestyle50challenge.
- Performances will be judged based on lyricism, creativity, originality and flow.
- Only one person per video.
- Keep it clean – no profanity.
Meet last year’s winner: Tre Da Kid
A 29-year-old rapper from Annapolis, Maryland, Tre Da Kid beat out thousands of other lyricists to win the 2016 #freestyle50 grand prize. Tre went on to record his first single – “Run It” – with London On Da Track and he even got to perform at Hot 97’s Summer Jam in New York.
Verizon Prepaid. A smarter way to Prepaid.
The #freestyle50challenge was inspired by Verizon’s new prepaid plan exclusively at Walmart where you can get 8GB of data for just $50 per month, plus taxes and fees.
Get a new phone to fit your style.
And while you’re shopping for a new plan at walmart.com, why not upgrade your smartphone to the Samsung Galaxy J3. It offers lots of incredible features, like a slim design, five-inch HD display and 16GB of storage.