Heavy ecommerce traffic on Thanksgiving Day, according to the Verizon Retail Index
NEW YORK - With the holiday shopping season now in full swing, Verizon Enterprise Solutions’ third annual Verizon Retail Index provides key insights into consumer ecommerce traffic on Thanksgiving Day. Today’s report – Thanksgiving Day: big meals and big deals! - is now available in Verizon’s Media Center.
“High consumer confidence paired with attractive Black Friday specials have created an irresistible combo for shoppers,” said Michele Dupré, group vice president for retail, distribution and hospitality with Verizon Enterprise Solutions. “The challenge in the fierce race for wallet share will be to double down and create a perception of value that will entice new customers while rewarding loyal customers.”
The Verizon Retail Index tracks ecommerce traffic across Verizon’s broadband networks to the top 25 U.S.-based online retailers as identified by eMarketer based on annual revenue. The Index monitors network traffic throughout the holiday shopping season, including during signature events such as Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
The next edition of the 2016 Verizon Retail Index will capture digital shopping activity from Black Friday and will be released on Saturday, November 26 by 1pm Eastern time. Findings from the Index will be released throughout the season with an emphasis on key dates, such as final shipping deadlines, which historically have motivated consumers to shop. The complete list of report publication dates includes:
- Monday, November 21 – Initial report capturing data from the preceding weekend
- Friday, November 25 – Thanksgiving report
- Saturday, November 26 – Black Friday report
- Monday, November 28 – Thanksgiving weekend report
- Tuesday, November 29 – Cyber Monday report
- Monday, December 5 – First week of December report
- Monday, December 12 – Second week of December report
- Monday, December 19 – Third week of December report
- Tuesday, December 27 – Final week before Christmas report, including final shipping deadlines, Super Saturday and Christmas
- Thursday, January 5 – Wrap-up report
Contact Maria Montenegro at email@example.com to speak with Michele Dupré or receive additional information.