Garter Inc. has positioned Verizon in the Leaders quadrant of its “2014 Magic Quadrant for Global Network Service Providers” report. This is the eighth consecutive year that Verizon has been listed in the Leaders quadrant.
Consider the following fast facts about Verizon’s global networks*.
- Verizon has one of the world’s most interconnected IP backbones operating at speeds up to 100G and monitored from five global network operations centers.
- Verizon’s global networks comprise more than 800,000 route miles and it has investments in 80 submarine cable systems.
- The Verizon network reaches customers in 2,700 cities and 150 countries around the world, and is large enough to circle the globe more than 32 times.
- Verizon was the first to launch 100G technology on its ultra-long haul network, was the first to deploy undersea mesh technology across the Atlantic and Pacific oceans, and successfully trialed 200G technology on its long-haul route between New York and Boston.
- Verizon’s global networks support an expansive portfolio of advanced solutions for enterprises and governments, including voice over Internet protocol, IP trunking, and wide, local and wireless networking, as well as cloud computing, security and professional consulting services.
Gartner notes that, “Leaders have a full portfolio of voice and data products, coupled with above-average service and support, wide global coverage and competitive pricing. These providers have a strong vision that includes adopting more information and communication technology capabilities, which is a strategy they articulate clearly and openly.”
Evaluation for the Gartner Inc. report is based on a provider’s ability to execute, including service quality, pricing and proven track record of successfully meeting customer requirements. The Magic Quadrant also assesses a provider’s completeness of vision, including market understanding, innovation and strategies covering marketing, sales, vertical industries and geographic reach.
Visit our website for more information on the Verizon global network. Explore the Verizon Enterprise Solutions website for information on our broad portfolio of advanced communications, networking, security and professional consulting services offerings.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.