New benefits for referring friends to a better network
NEW YORK – A simple post shared on Facebook or Twitter can now earn perks! Beginning July 1st, Verizon will reward customers for using social media to refer family and friends to the wireless network consistently rated highest in independent nationwide tests.
Existing customers can earn up to $100 in Visa rewards cards each month by referring up to three people who activate with Verizon ($25 for 1 referral, $50 for two, and $100 for three or more). The newly referred customers also earn a $50 Visa rewards card.
Here’s how the Verizon referral program works:
- Existing customer visits www.verizonwireless.com/refer and enters MyVerizon credentials
- Customer selects referral option (Facebook or Twitter)
- Confirm social credentials, personalize and post
- Prospective customer sees referral invitation
- Prospective customer chooses to redeem offer and enters their email
- Activates a new account either online, in a store or over the phone using the same email address
- Visa rewards cards will be sent to both the new and existing customers after the new account has been active for 45 days