Verizon joins the world today celebrating our commitment to our planet. We are working to continually reduce our impact on the environment as well as enable our customers to do the same. Today we’re launching two initiatives to do just that.
First, we’ve launched our new ECO Specs Label to allow our customers to identify key environmental information at a glance.
How We Evaluate the Devices We Sell
There are 5 Key Factors that determine a device's eco-conscious design:
- The % of recycled content or FSC/SFI paper used in the packaging
- The % of recycled content in the Verizon Wireless Device
- Meets Verizon Wireless requirements for lack of industry-recognized hazardous toxins in the plastics and batteries
- Meets Verizon Wireless requirements for how efficiently the device uses energy
- Meets Verizon Wireless requirements for the recyclability of the device and its components
This Earth Day, our ECO Specs Label will initially be available on a select number of devices, and expanded to all phones, tables and accessories at a later date.
Second, we’ve launched our second annual “Plant-A-Tree” promotion today which runs through April 28th. When you buy a new participating device/accessory or when you recycle your old device online we will help plant a tree through our partnership with American Forests.
So as you celebrate Earth Day, please consider taking a moment to learn more about our ECO Specs Devices and how to recycle your old device.