G.I.F.T.S. From Verizon Wireless Help Make Holiday Shopping Simple in New York
$35 for 3,500 Minutes Is a Stress-Free Way To Start the Holiday Season
December 20, 2001
Shopping for wireless gifts takes on a whole new meaning this holiday season with Verizon Wireless' G.I.F.T.S. guide. This easy-to-remember guide can help consumers identify the decisions they need to make before they head off to a store or go online to make a wireless purchase.
- Geography - Consider where most calls will originate, where the customer will call and how often the phone will be used. Then, look for the price plan that can best meet those requirements. A service provider with an expansive network so most calls stay on the company's network is more cost effective than a low monthly access charge but high roaming fees. Verizon Wireless' network covers 97 of the top 100 U.S. markets, which means its newest offer of $35 for 3,500 minutes a month including free nationwide long distance and roaming is a holiday bargain.
- Investigate -- Investigate your technology options and get recommendations from friends. Digital wireless service offers many advanced features such as voicemail, Caller ID, short text messaging and Internet access. Do your homework before you make a purchase and select the provider that earns the right to call you a customer. Wireless Review magazine picked Verizon Wireless as their "Titan of Wireless/Wireless Voice Carrier" for 2001.
- Family - Consider how the entire family uses wireless. Verizon Wireless Family Share PlansSM are an affordable way to give a wireless gift to the entire family. Verizon Wireless' Family Share Plans include Mobile- to-Mobile airtime, which means using shared minutes to talk to family members could pay for the service in convenience alone. For a teenager with newfound responsibilities, Verizon Wireless' [FREEUP] offers grown-up wireless service with a young person's budget in mind - no bills, no contract - it is pay-as-you go wireless service.
- Total Package - Purchasing from a reputable wireless provider is just as important as the rate plan and the equipment selection. Make sure the service provider will continue to know your name if you are dissatisfied. Verizon Wireless offers customers a Worry-Free GuaranteeSM that includes a 15-day return policy and the ability to change plans if a better promotional offer comes out after you've already signed a contract. Verizon Wireless also has a New Every TwoSM program that will give you a phone upgrade for free or up to $100 when you renew your two-year contract.
- Short Text Messaging - Probably the best gift to give or receive, this service allows customers private conversations in very public places. All you need is a digital phone. In time for the holidays, Verizon Wireless unveiled www.vtext.com - a new, simple-to-use short text messaging web site that makes it a snap to send text messages to individuals and groups and lets customers set up cool and useful information alerts. Verizon Wireless is offering unlimited free text messaging and Internet alerts until Feb. 28, 2002 to new and existing Mobile MessengerSM customers when they sign up for service from Nov. 13, 2001 until Jan. 31, 2002 on digital plans $35 or higher. This great new service is an ideal gift when accompanied by the new Motorola V200, a Verizon Wireless exclusive, allowing the user to talk and send text messages at the same time with an easy to use keyboard.
Visit any of Verizon Wireless 1,200 Communications Stores or shop online, at http://www.verizonwireless.com for assistance in selecting the right wireless G.I.F.T.S.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless is the largest wireless communications provider in the U.S. with more than 28.7 million wireless voice and data customers. The coast-to-coast wireless provider was formed by the combination of the U.S. wireless businesses of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Verizon Wireless has a footprint covering more than 90 percent of the U.S. population, 49 of the top 50 and 97 of the top 100 U.S. markets. The company, headquartered in Bedminster, NJ, is 40,000 employees strong. Reporters and editors can find more information about the company on the Web at http://www.verizonwireless.com.
To update your profile or remove yourself from automatic News Delivery,