From Headsets To Roadside Assistance, Verizon Wireless Has Wireless Safety Week All Wrapped Up
Operator of Nation's Best and Largest Wireless Network Urges Customers to Drive Responsibly
May 24, 2002
Every day more than 156,000 emergency calls are placed to 9-1-1 from wireless phones, demonstrating that wireless phones play an important role in making our world a safer place. As part of Wireless Safety Week (May 20 - 25, 2002), Verizon Wireless wants to remind its customers of the choices available to them to help them drive responsibly.
As the country's largest wireless carrier, Verizon Wireless continues to make the responsible use of in-vehicle wireless phones a priority while offering a variety and always-expanding selection of options to help drivers be responsible, including:
- Headsets - keep both hands on the wheel while talking. With prices starting at $19.99, headsets are an affordable way to drive responsibly.
- Voice dialing - enables drivers to make a call without having to press keys. The voice-activated dialing feature is built into many of today's handsets. If using an older model handset, consider upgrading to a model with voice-activated dialing.
- Speakerphone - allows drivers to have a conversation without holding their phone or using a headset. The speakerphone option is built into many of Verizon Wireless' popular handset models, such as the Motorola V200.
- Roadside Assistance - during an auto emergency, this affordable service can help. Roadside Assistance is an additional service available through Verizon Wireless for $2.95 a month that includes automotive services such as battery boost, tire service, fuel delivery, towing, lockout service, and vehicle extrication 24 hours a day.
- Verizon Wireless Phone Protection - offers customers peace of mind insurance if they ever lose or break their wireless phone. Customers can expect to pay between $2.95 - $4.95 per month to cover handset replacement.
Additional tips and information on what customers can do to drive responsibly can be found on the Verizon Wireless Web site at www.verizonwireless.com/responsibledriving.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless is the nation's leading provider of wireless communications. The company has the largest nationwide wireless voice and data network and 30 million customers. Headquartered in Bedminster, NJ, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at http://www.verizonwireless.com.
To update your profile or remove yourself from automatic News Delivery,