GAMBRILLS, Md. - Anne Arundel County residents now can experience first-hand the superior quality and innovative features of Verizon's all-fiber-optic FiOS services at the company's new Gambrills store.
Located at 2616 Chapel Lake Drive in the Village at Waugh Chapel shopping center, the store showcases Verizon's FiOS TV and Internet services.
Inside the store, Verizon has created a home-theater setting, where shoppers can relax in plush chairs and see for themselves what all the excitement is about as they experience FiOS TV on high-definition TVs. Or, shoppers can sit in the home-office setting and experience the speed and vast capabilities of FiOS Internet service. Verizon representatives are on hand to demonstrate FiOS, answer questions and help shoppers place orders for new services.
Verizon customers can visit the store to pick up, swap or drop off FiOS TV set-top boxes and pay bills or consult with representatives.
The store is open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
"Our new store allows us to get closer to our customers and the residents of the communities we serve," said Andrea Custis, Verizon's vice president of sales for the Potomac region. "Our current customers will appreciate the convenience of a nearby location where they can conduct business, and potential customers will have an easy and fun way to see for themselves how different and exciting FiOS is."
In Maryland, Verizon's FiOS TV and FiOS Internet services are available to dozens of communities in Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Harford, Howard, Montgomery and Prince George's counties, including Annapolis, Aberdeen, Bel Air and LaPlata.
FiOS TV offers consumers a broad range of programming choices and superior picture quality from the only TV service delivered over the nation's most advanced all-fiber network directly connecting to millions of individual homes and businesses.
Verizon's FiOS TV service was selected as the top-ranked residential television service provider in the Northeast region by J.D. Power for 2008. FiOS TV is currently available to more than 9.2 million homes in 14 states: California, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas, Virginia and Washington.
FiOS TV Service Highlights
FiOS TV service highlights include:
- More than 500 all-digital channels grouped by genres such as entertainment, sports, news, marketplace, movies and family, making it easy for audiences to find their favorite programming.
- Approximately 110 high-definition (HD) channels in Maryland, with extraordinary clarity and theater-quality sound.
- An industry-leading library of 14,000 video-on-demand (VOD) titles each month, 70 percent of which are free. Verizon's VOD library also includes more than 1,300 HD titles per month.
- An innovative interactive media guide (IMG) that helps customers quickly and easily find and enjoy content from TV listings, VOD catalogs and the digital video recorder (DVR), as well as personal music and photos from a home network. Among the features of the IMG are
- Multi-Room DVR - Verizon's Home Media DVR allows customers to stream recorded HD and standard-definition (SD) programs to up to six other TV sets throughout the home. This includes the ability to watch three separately recorded shows on three TV sets at the same time, plus pause recorded programming in one room and continue watching in another.
- Widgets - Customers have one-touch, on-demand access to local weather and traffic reports shown on TV screens. Widgets provide local traffic and weather reports, daily local and national news headlines, daily national sports headlines, community news, and daily horoscopes.
- Free casual games - With the remote control and an HD set-top box, customers can access chess, solitaire and wordplay.
- Remote DVR Management - Verizon FiOS TV customers now have the option to remotely control their Home Media DVRs either online or via select Verizon Wireless handsets. On-the-go FiOS TV subscribers can use the service to remotely review, change or add recording requests, delete recorded programs, browse and search TV and video-on-demand listings, set parental controls, and more.
- ESPN Fantasy Sports - Personalized Fantasy Football stats displayed on customers' TV screens on any ESPN channel, for ESPN online registered participants. Customers can view rosters, box scores, scoring leaders and player information. ESPN Fantasy Sports also will be accessible via FiOS TV Widgets and Games.
- Video on Demand (VOD): Industry-leading library with more than 14,000 titles per month, 70 percent of which are free. The VOD library includes more than 1,300 HD titles per month, more than 1,000 of which are free.
- "What's Hot on FiOS TV" - Features information on the most-popular programs currently being broadcast in the region and the most popular VOD titles.
- "Return to Paused Programming" - Allows customers to pause live programming, change channels, and then return to the paused program and pick up where they left off.
- Channel sorting options - Customers can create two separate lists of favorite channels for family members. Customers also can filter channels in the guide by genre, for instances where a customer only may want to see HD content, international channels or kids programming, among others.
Programming choices for Hispanic, African-American, Asian, Russian and other multicultural audiences are available in every market, making FiOS TV an outlet for emerging and independent networks to showcase their diverse programming.
Verizon's all-fiber network also delivers Internet download speeds of up to 50 Mbps* (megabits per second) and upload speeds of up to 20 Mbps, as well as high-quality voice services.
Consumers can check online at www.verizon.com/fiostv for more information or to request that Verizon contact them when FiOS services become available. Consumers also can visit the Gambrills store, call their local Verizon sales office or 888-438-3467.
* NOTE: Actual (throughput) speeds will vary.