Verizon Business unveiled today a set of IT consulting services to support the deployment and ongoing support of enterprisewide mobility programs.
The new professional consulting services - which leading analyst firm IDC called unique in the industry - will better equip organizations to, among other things, control expenses associated with multiple mobile devices and usage plans across several carriers, while maintaining security over the IT environment.
The new mobility professional services complement Verizon Managed Mobility Solutions, which was also announced today. (See separate news release.)
The Verizon Business suite of mobility professional services features:
- Mobility Deployment Strategies for the Enterprise - Development of recommendations on vision, approaches, objectives and implementation plans for global mobility deployments.
- Mobile Collaboration - Consulting for rapid deployment of mobilized unified communications and collaboration applications.
- Dedicated Implementation Consulting - Dedicated program managers provide extensive support for mobility deployments via collection and validation of information to equip workers with mobile devices and enhance configuration of business systems and reporting.
- Telecom Expense Management Advisory & Consulting Services - For enterprises considering implementation or performing analysis of previously deployed telecom expense-management systems.
- Mobile Device Policy Development - Evaluation and update of existing mobile policies, or creation of new policies, for use as corporate standards for mobile devices and subscriber services.
- Mobile Risk & Compliance Consulting - Review of current corporate mobility security policies and delivery of recommendations for future action, based on comparison with industry-accepted best practices.
- Mobile Security Assessment - Evaluation and update of existing mobile policies, or creation of new policies, for use as corporate standards to secure mobile devices and applications.
- Mobile Application Security - Set of professional services designed to help enterprises deliver mobile applications securely by maintaining consistent levels of protection and compliance for both traditional and mobile applications.
(Note - Listen to a podcast on Verizon Business' mobility consulting services.)
Verizon Business works with customers to provide the expertise required for wide-scale mobility programs aimed at providing virtually anywhere, anytime access to the office for on-the-go workers and employees seeking an enhanced work-life balance. Additionally, Verizon Business can assist businesses, such as retailers and health care organizations, in deploying vertical-market applications designed to better serve customers through wireless technology.
"Many customers I speak with recognize the advantages of bringing mobility to their workforces but grapple with ways to put structure and security around often home-grown mobility programs," said Kerry Bailey, senior vice president - global services, Verizon Business. "With today's increased reliance on mobile communications, Verizon Business now is enabling enterprises to embrace this growing trend and achieve a competitive advantage to do business better, faster and cost effectively."
Comprehensive Suite of Mobility Consulting Services
Curtis Price, program vice president - infrastructure service, IDC, said: "Based on our assessment of the mobility professional services market, Verizon Business is the first global service provider to develop a comprehensive set of mobility professional services. Professional services are an important and often overlooked part of the mobility ecosystem, and Verizon Business' launch of mobility professional services will enable the company to enhance its value proposition. These services will help enterprises deal with the competing objectives of accelerating mobility deployments, while controlling costs and securing mobile devices."
Verizon Business' suite of mobility professional services is currently available in the United States, as well as 19 European countries. The services will be launched in countries in the Asia-Pacific region later this year.
Verizon Business delivers standardized yet flexible professional services in four key practice areas - security, IT solutions, network and communications solutions. The company's professional services team provides expert guidance and recommendations for accelerating the transition to new technologies, applications and delivery methods. Verizon Business also offers a complementary set of managed services, managing 260,000-plus security, network and hosting devices across more than 4,200 customer networks spanning 142 countries and territories. The company's global infrastructure, the most connected IP network in the world, provides a solid foundation from which to serve multinational corporations and government agencies.
About Verizon Business
Verizon Business, a unit of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ), is a global leader in communications and IT solutions. We combine professional expertise with one of the world's most connected IP networks to deliver award-winning communications, IT, information security and network solutions. We securely connect today's extended enterprises of widespread and mobile customers, partners, suppliers and employees - enabling them to increase productivity and efficiency and help preserve the environment. Many of the world's largest businesses and governments - including 96 percent of the Fortune 1000 and thousands of government agencies and educational institutions - rely on our professional and managed services and network technologies to accelerate their business. Find out more at www.verizonbusiness.com.