BASKING RIDGE, N.J. - Verizon Business is helping customers achieve the full benefits of virtualization - high performance, flexibility, cost control and energy savings - through an expanded suite of consulting and management services that covers every aspect of virtualization, a fast-growing approach to optimizing computing resources.
Verizon Business' Virtualization Consulting and Management Services now enable customers to out-task the design and the often complex day-to-day management, maintenance and security of virtualized environments. The comprehensive services, which include the entire product life cycle - from assessment and design to implementation, audit, management and review - are immediately available to businesses in many countries around the globe.
Virtualization uncouples operating systems and applications from the physical hardware, allowing servers to run multiple virtual environments on a single machine. This reduces the number of servers necessary to support the applications while better leveraging computing resources. It also gives enterprises the ability to remotely provision and administer servers, either in-house or through a third-party service provider.
According to industry experts, many companies are turning to virtualization to address IT growth in hardware, software and servers -- and to meet the need to stay on top of the ever-changing technology landscape. Virtualization also serves as an excellent low-cost business continuity solution by providing redundancy and availability of systems, and supporting data replication and backup of applications.
"As enterprises around the world question how to do more with less, many are finding a strong answer in virtualization," said Kerry Bailey, Verizon Business senior vice president of global services. "Whether a company is moving to virtualization using its existing infrastructure or migrating a new 'app' to a virtualized model, Verizon Business' complete solution for virtualization can help companies increase efficiency and control costs."
Expanded Suite of Virtualization Professional Services Provides Lifecycle Support
Verizon Business' solution is aimed at helping customers obtain the most value from their IT infrastructures while maintaining security. Verizon Business provides consulting and management services throughout the virtualization lifecycle to help ensure that the virtualization strategy meets both the business and technical requirements for the environment.
The following services, which customers select based on their unique business and security goals, make up the enhanced Virtualization Consulting and Management offering:
- Server Consolidation Assessment - Verizon Business analyzes a customer's current environment to determine where and how the infrastructure could best be consolidated.
- Server Consolidation Design - Based on an initial consolidation assessment and review of business and technical requirements, virtualization experts design a new consolidated environment.
- Secure Virtualization Assessment & Design - This converged solution combines the Server Consolidation Assessment and Server Consolidation Design services, plus adds on a security assessment of the proposed virtualization environment. Verizon Business delivers to customers a design and roadmap for a new, secure environment.
- Virtualization Design - This service is aimed at customers who would like to design a new environment with virtualization as a key consideration, but are not necessarily consolidating existing infrastructure.
- Virtualization Build - Based on a design by either Verizon Business or the customer, the Verizon Business team builds and implements a virtualized solution. This service includes the installation of the hardware and network, as well as configuration of the virtual application.
- Virtualization Migration - Verizon Business provides services to migrate the customer applications and data to the new virtualized environment.
- Virtualization Deployment Review - With this new service, the company will assess and provide feedback on virtualized environments implemented by the customer or another third party, as well as verify adherence to industry best practices.
Verizon Business Offers the Complete Virtualization Package
In addition to a full array of professional services and a global team that includes many VMware-certified engineers, Verizon Business can host the customer infrastructure and virtual servers at one of its worldwide data centers or manage the environment remotely at the customer's premises or at a third-party colocation facility.
Customers choosing to have Verizon Business host and manage their virtualized environment can take advantage of a complete solution that includes security, backup, monitoring, reporting and administrative reporting.
The Virtualization Consulting and Management Services are complemented by Verizon Business' broad professional services offerings. Based on business and technical requirements, professional services experts take a customer's entire environment into consideration when providing design and implementation guidance, including security, network, storage and business continuity.
Verizon Business' Virtualization Consulting and Management Services are just one part of the company's robust portfolio of IT and hosting solutions. The portfolio helps customers improve their IT infrastructure and boost application performance in today's complex, dynamic business environment. Portfolio services include Data Center Colocation, Remote Backup and Restore, Messaging and Collaboration, IT Service Desk, Akamai Services, IP Application Hosting and Remote IP Application Management. More information is available by visiting http://www.verizonbusiness.com/us/itsolutions.
About Verizon Business
Verizon Business, a unit of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ), is a global leader in communications and IT solutions. We combine professional expertise with the world's most connected IP network to deliver award-winning communications, IT, information security and network solutions. We securely connect today's extended enterprises of widespread and mobile customers, partners, suppliers and employees - enabling them to increase productivity and efficiency and help preserve the environment. Many of the world's largest businesses and governments - including 96 percent of the Fortune 1000 and thousands of government agencies and educational institutions - rely on our professional and managed services and network technologies to accelerate their business. Find out more at www.verizonbusiness.com.