NEW YORK - Verizon Business is showcasing how it helps retailers operate more efficiently and securely.
The company is exhibiting at the National Retail Federation Annual Conference (Jan. 14-15, at the Jacob Javits Convention Center, Booth 3147). Verizon Business experts will highlight the company's comprehensive portfolio of network-based communications and IT solutions specifically tailored to meet the requirements of retailers, including delivery of a better consumer experience - whether in-store or online.
Verizon Business delivers network-based solutions for an "extended enterprise" - not only a business and all its locations, but also its customers, suppliers, partners and employees. This approach is particularly well-suited to the retail industry, which often involves far-flung operations, many global suppliers and millions of customers.
"Verizon Business is exceptionally qualified to support the security, networking and IT requirements of retailers around the world," said Nancy Gofus, senior vice president and chief marketing officer, Verizon Business. "Our global IP network - one of the world's most expansive - provides the foundation for highly available and secure business operations. But we also offer a host of other capabilities, including managed, professional and Web-based services, which can be tailored to create solutions to meet the unique challenges and requirements of each customer."
On hand at the NRF event will be business and technical experts to discuss how the company can help retailers address their IT requirements, including:
- Professional, Risk and Security Compliance Services - A host of professional services offered by in-house Verizon Business security consultants. Services range from threat and vulnerability assessments, forensics and investigative response, and security program and policy development and review.
- Partner Security Program - A comprehensive, flexible Web-based program that helps retailers assess and manage the extended enterprise by benchmarking partner and supplier compliance status against internal security specifications, including the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
- Online Compliance Program for PCI - As a Qualified Security Assessor and Approved Scanning Vendor, Verizon Business offers a comprehensive analysis of a retailer's PCI compliance status. Self-assessment questionnaires and vulnerability scanning are available via a Web-based dashboard, helping retailers review, archive and manage PCI compliance documents on a continuous basis. On-site audit and assessment services are also offered.
- Managed Cisco ISR - A managed Integrated Services Router solution that easily and cost effectively enables retailers to upgrade networks connecting far-flung locations. The modular service requires minimal space for equipment, reduces the need for costly on-site support staff, and enables the efficient delivery of advanced services such as content (URL) filtering, zone-based firewall, intrusion prevention, content delivery and Ethernet local area networking (LAN).
- Managed Wireless LAN - A fully managed service that enables the cost-effective extension of a retailer's in-store LAN to support point-of-sale and inventory functions, without additional investment in internal management and maintenance resources. Professional services covering network assessment and design, as well and security assessment and penetration testing, are also available.
- Supply Chain Services - Two integrated supply chain management offerings - Custom Supply Chain Managed Service and Invoice Automation Service - help companies to increase control over supply chain networks, streamline inter-business transactions, and improve collaboration between global trading partners to control costs and improve efficiencies.
Additionally, Verizon Business is co-exhibiting in the Cisco Partner Pavilion (Booth #2328) where it will showcase its managed Cisco ISR service.
Verizon Business has a broad array of capabilities and industry experts that any retailer, regardless of size or location, can use to help deploy and manage a resilient and secure infrastructure. By helping retailers do what they do best, Verizon Business is enabling them to streamline operations, strengthen security and facilitate compliance while helping improve the experience of their customers.
About Verizon Business
Verizon Business, a unit of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ), is a leading provider of advanced communications and information technology (IT) solutions to large business and government customers worldwide. Combining unsurpassed global network reach with advanced communications, security and other professional service capabilities, Verizon Business delivers innovative and seamless business solutions to customers around the world. For more information, visit www.verizonbusiness.com.