Move over cable. Consumers in Munhall Borough now have a new and better choice in television entertainment - FiOS TV from Verizon.
The Munhall Borough Council recently approved a franchise agreement authorizing Verizon to offer FiOS TV in Munhall, and the service now is available to more than 5,300 households across the borough.
"Munhall residents can finally reap the benefits of competition and choice," said Mary Yarbrough, vice president of marketing for Verizon's Mid-Atlantic region. "With Verizon's FiOS services, they can get more high-definition (HD) programming; faster two-way Internet connections that are a must for today's interactive Web; plus great bundles of services for ongoing savings."
FiOS TV offers more than 600 channels, including 129 HD channels in western Pennsylvania - more HD channels than the area's current cable providers.
Verizon recently introduced new packages of FiOS TV, FiOS Internet and voice services.
The new FiOS bundles include even more high-definition programming options, plus unprecedented, symmetrical Internet service featuring equal upstream and downstream connections of up to 35 megabits per second (Mbps).
Verizon's new symmetrical FiOS Internet offerings are the first of their kind available to U.S. consumers on a mass scale. The two-way-fast speeds enable and enhance services like social networking, video conferencing, work-at-home, online multi-player gaming, telemedicine, electronic home-energy and security monitoring, online work collaboration, data backups and more. And unlike some providers, Verizon does not penalize customers for using all the speed they order.
New double-, triple- and quad-play bundles are available with a 24-month service agreement that guarantees the customer's rate will not change for two years. FiOS bundles are also available in month-to-month plans that do not require a minimum term agreement. To explore Verizon's many bundle options and order service, visit www.verizon.com/bundles or call Verizon at 1-888-GET-FIOS.
New triple-play bundle options with a service agreement are:
- Ultimate -- FiOS TV Ultimate HD includes 90 or more HD channels; premium content from EPIX, Showtime, TMC, Flix and the NFL RedZone; FiOS Internet service with an ultra-fast, symmetrical connection speed of up to 35/35 Mbps; and FiOS voice service - all available for $139.99 a month.
- Extreme -- FiOS TV Extreme HD includes 65 or more HD channels; FiOS Internet service with an ultra-fast, symmetrical connection speed of up to 25/25 Mbps; and FiOS voice service - available for $124.99 a month.
- Prime -- FiOS TV Prime HD includes 40 or more HD channels; FiOS Internet service with a connection speed of up to 15/5 Mbps; and FiOS voice service - available for $109.99 a month.
The Ultimate and Extreme triple-play bundles include free access to thousands of Wi-Fi hot spots at no additional charge. Customers also have access to Verizon's leading FiOS TV video-on-demand service, with more than 18,000 monthly titles - including 2,800 in HD - and FiOS TV's advanced interactive media guide, with access to social-networking, news and entertainment widgets and more.
New customers who sign up for a qualifying bundle by April 17 can choose from a variety of promotional incentives for even more savings and value, including:
- A 12-month introductory price of $89.99 for customers who subscribe to the Prime HD triple-play bundle, $114.99 for the Extreme HD triple-play bundle and $129.99 for the Ultimate HD triple-play bundle.
- A free Verizon Home Media DVR, plus a free standard- or high-definition set-top box for six months (up to a $179 value). Customers can use the Home Media DVR to record programming that can be viewed on up to six additional TV sets throughout the home. The DVR also enables customers to access their photos, videos and music, plus search for and enjoy online videos from blip.tv, Dailymotion and Veoh all from the comfort of their living room, only on FiOS TV.
Customers who order their bundles online get the best price in the market, receiving an additional $5 off their monthly service rate for the first year of service.
Verizon's FiOS services are delivered over the company's all-fiber-optic network, directly to homes and businesses. FiOS provides next-generation interactive services including an advanced interactive media guide; social TV, news and entertainment widgets; remote DVR management; multi-room DVR; and more.
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ), headquartered in New York, is a global leader in delivering broadband and other wireless and wireline communications services to mass market, business, government and wholesale customers. Verizon Wireless operates America's most reliable wireless network, serving more than 91 million customers nationwide. Verizon also provides converged communications, information and entertainment services over America's most advanced fiber-optic network, and delivers innovative, seamless business solutions to customers around the world. A Dow 30 company, Verizon employs a diverse workforce of approximately 222,900 and last year generated consolidated revenues of more than $107 billion. For more information, visit www.verizon.com.