High school football fans will be able to watch all the New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association state football championship games - exclusively on FiOS1 on Verizon's FiOS TV service.
Through Verizon's partnership with the Star Ledger/NJ.com, FiOS1 will air replays of all 20 championship games, starting with Glen Rock vs. Pompton Lakes on Wednesday (Dec. 7) and ending with Pennsuken vs. Millville on Dec. 18.
All FiOS1 viewers in central and northern New Jersey will have access to the programming on Channel 1 and free through FiOS TV's video-on-demand (VOD) service in the FiOS1 Local Zone folder. Viewers in southern New Jersey and in the Philadelphia market will have VOD access to all the games as well.
"The New Jersey high school football championship games are specials times for the players, their families and fans, and with FiOS1, they won't miss a minute of the action," said Michelle Webb, FiOS1's general manager. "Through our partnership with Star-Ledger/NJ.com, FiOS1, the leading provider of high school sports programming in the state, is proud to be able to broadcast these great games."
FiOS1 will air the NJSIAA football championship games on the following dates and times:
- North 1, Group 1 - Glen Rock vs. Pompton Lakes - Dec. 7 at 7:30 p.m.
- Non-Public, Group 4 - Don Bosco Prep vs. Bergen Catholic - Dec. 8 at 7:30 p.m.
- North 2, Group 2 - Summit vs. Madison - Dec. 9 at 7:30 p.m.
- Non-Public, Group 2 - Camden Catholic vs. Holy Spirit - Dec. 10 at 2:30 p.m.
- North 2, Group 4 - Piscataway vs. Elizabeth - Dec. 10 at 7:30 p.m.
- Central, Group 4 - Sayreville vs. Manalapan - Dec. 10 at 10 p.m.
- Central, Group 3 - Neptune vs. Steinert - Dec. 11 at 11:30 a.m.
- Central, Group 2 - Rumson vs. Matawan - Dec. 11 at 2 p.m.
- North 2, Group 1 - Weequahic vs. Cedar Grove - Dec. 12 at 7:30 p.m.
- North 1, Group 2 - River Dell vs. West Essex - Dec. 13 at 7:30 p.m.
- North 1, Group 4 - Montclair vs. North Bergen - Dec. 14 at 7:30 p.m.
- North 1, Group 3 - Old Tappan vs. Wayne Hills - Dec. 15 at 7:30 p.m.
- North 2, Group 3 - Parsippany Hills vs. Cranford - Dec 16 at 7:30 p.m.
- Non-Public, Group 3 - St. Joseph (Mont.) vs. Delbarton - Dec. 17 at 2:30 p.m.
- South, Group 1 - Pennsville vs. Glassboro - Dec 17 at 7:30 p.m.
- South, Group 3 - Timber Creek vs. Hammonton - Dec. 18 at 11:30 a.m.
- South, Group 4 - Pennsauken vs. Millville - Dec 18 at 2 p.m.
- Central, Group 1 - Asbury Park vs. Florence - VOD only.
- Non-Public, Group 1 - St. Joseph (Hamm) vs. St. Mary (Ruth) - VOD only.
Bob Provost, director of marketing for the Star-Ledger, said, "FiOS1 has teamed with the NJSIAA and Star-Ledger/NJ.com to deliver truly unprecedented coverage of the 2011 football championships. All 20 games presented for viewers on FiOS1 system also are accessible online at NJ.com. New Jersey can be proud of the major league media coverage being delivered for local high school sports."
FiOS1 is part of FiOS TV's broad collection of programming featuring more than 540 all-digital channels including more than 130 high-definition channels and 30,000 monthly VOD titles. FiOS TV also provides next-generation interactive services including an advanced interactive media guide; social network, news and entertainment widgets; remote DVR management via broadband or mobile phones, Flex View; and more.
For more information about FiOS1, visit www.fios1news.com.
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ), headquartered in New York, is a global leader in delivering broadband and other wireless and wireline communications services to consumer, business, government and wholesale customers. Verizon Wireless operates America's most reliable wireless network, with more than 107 million total connections nationwide. Verizon also provides converged communications, information and entertainment services over America's most advanced fiber-optic network, and delivers integrated business solutions to customers in more than 150 countries, including all of the Fortune 500. A Dow 30 company with $106.6 billion in 2010 revenues, Verizon employs a diverse workforce of more than 195,000. For more information, visit www.verizon.com.