Verizon Global Wholesale has added enhancements to its Transparent LAN Service, providing wholesale customers with greater functionality and flexibility. TLS is the company's wholesale metro switched Ethernet service, which supports diverse applications such as wireless backhaul, LAN-to-LAN connections and Ethernet exchanges.
These improvements, which are available immediately, include:
- Expanded bandwidth option for network connections that will allow wholesale customers to stay ahead of their users' ever-increasing demand for bandwidth.
- The ability to combine both point-to-point and multipoint-to-multipoint virtual connections across a single network interface.
- The opportunity to specify a unique virtual circuit prior to ordering, allowing customers to pre-configure their premises equipment and speed up the process.
- New interface options with the inclusion of single mode or multimode fiber, in addition to the existing electrical interface.
- The option to provision network transport over a synchronous optical network (SONET) so customers gain the power and flexibility of TLS with the redundancy and reliability of SONET.
"Not only do these enhancements further cement Verizon Global Wholesale's reputation as a leader in Ethernet innovation, they give Verizon wholesale customers even more choice and flexibility when it comes to their Ethernet services," said Matthew Duckworth, marketing director for Verizon Global Wholesale.
With an unmatched fiber footprint in its TLS service areas and with TLS providing greater scalability than traditional services, Verizon offers wholesale customers simplified connections between customer locations that are geographically dispersed and the ability to update services in bandwidth increments ranging from 1 Mpbs (megabits per second) to a full gigabit.
TLS is a fiber-based, metropolitan area LAN service that connects customer locations at native LAN speeds using Ethernet interfaces. It is offered in parts of California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Verizon Global Wholesale was the first to receive Metro Ethernet Forum's Best Wholesale Ethernet Service - North America 2010 award, which recognized the company for its leadership, marketing and delivery of wholesale carrier Ethernet services.
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE, NASDAQ:VZ), headquartered in New York, is a global leader in delivering broadband and other wireless and wireline communications services to mass market, business, government and wholesale customers. Verizon Wireless operates America's most reliable wireless network, serving more than 93 million customers nationwide. Verizon also provides converged communications, information and entertainment services over America's most advanced fiber-optic network, and delivers innovative, seamless business solutions to customers around the world. A Dow 30 company, Verizon employs a diverse workforce of more than 195,000 and last year generated consolidated revenues of more than $107 billion. For more information, visit www.verizon.com.