Verizon has received top MEF (Metro Ethernet Forum) awards around the world for its leadership and innovation in developing and delivering Carrier Ethernet business services. This is the fourth consecutive year Verizon has received top honors from the MEF for its Ethernet services.
Beginning with a Nov. 3 ceremony in Kuala Lumpur for the MEF's Asia Pacific awards, and culminating at the organization's awards dinner in New York City later that day, Verizon received the following:
- Best Service Innovation, Asia Pacific
- Service Provider of the Year for Asia Pacific
- Best Service Innovation, the Americas
- Service Provider of the Year for the Americas
- International Service Provider of the Year.
These accolades followed a Best Service Innovation award given to Verizon at a September MEF ceremony in Berlin for European service providers.
"Our long history in delivering Ethernet, advanced global provisioning platform, and extensive interconnection agreements with providers around the world have helped to accelerate Ethernet adoption worldwide," said Kerry Bailey, Verizon chief marketing officer-business. "Ethernet is a key building block to many of the integrated communications and IT solutions we offer globally, and the MEF's consistent recognition reflects our commitment to this critical network technology."
MEF President Nan Chen said, "By winning these awards, Verizon is demonstrating leadership and driving development of Carrier Ethernet services within the industry. These awards exemplify Verizon's continued commitment to deploy innovative services with extensive worldwide reach, which has helped them to win among such a prestigious group of leading Ethernet service providers."
Last week, the company announced the global expansion of its Virtual Private LAN Service to 31 international locations in addition to the U.S., where the service has been available since 2007. Verizon's award-winning portfolio of Ethernet service now includes:
- Metro Ethernet Services (E-LAN) - available throughout Verizon's franchise territory in the U.S.
- Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS) - available across the U.S. and in 31 international locations worldwide.
- Ethernet Private Line (EPL) - available across the U.S. and 21 European locations.
- Ethernet Virtual Private Line (EVPL) - available across the U.S., seven Asia-Pacific and ten European locations.
- Ethernet Access for Private IP and the public Internet - available across the U.S., and 46 international locations across Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Canada and Latin America.
About Verizon Business
Verizon Business, a unit of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ), is a global leader in communications and IT solutions. We combine professional expertise with one of the world's most connected IP networks to deliver award-winning communications, IT, information security and network solutions. We securely connect today's extended enterprises of widespread and mobile customers, partners, suppliers and employees - enabling them to increase productivity and efficiency and help preserve the environment. Many of the world's largest businesses and governments - including 96 percent of the Fortune 1000 and thousands of government agencies and educational institutions - rely on our professional and managed services and network technologies to accelerate their business. Find out more at www.verizonbusiness.com.