Verizon Wireless And The ABC Hit Show "8 Simple Rules For Dating My Teenage Daughter" Give Viewers "The Simple Ways To Win Sweepstakes"
Viewers Can Win By Watching Upcoming Episode of Hit ABC Comedy; Prizes Include $8,000 of Verizon Wireless Service
February 4, 2003
Verizon Wireless, the nation's largest wireless provider and a leader in mobile data, and ABC Television Network, today announced "The Simple Ways to Win Sweepstakes," which will be tied to an upcoming episode of the popular ABC comedy series and People's Choice Award winner for Favorite New Television Comedy Series, "8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter." Viewers will be rewarded, simply for watching the show, with the chance to win one of eight grand prizes - a new LG VX4400 Get It NowSM-enabled color wireless phone plus $8,000 of Verizon Wireless service - or one of 80 first-place prizes.
Verizon Wireless Get It Now services allow users to do much more than talk on their wireless phones, including play games, send text messages and download ring tones. Some of these hot new services will be integrated into the story line of the February 11th episode of ABC's "8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter." To enter "The Simple Ways to Win Sweepstakes," viewers must watch the show to see the different ways the characters use their Verizon Wireless phones and submit their answers on abc.com. Those who correctly identify all the ways the show's characters use their phones will have the chance to win one of the more than 80 prizes.
"'The Simple Ways to Win Sweepstakes' presents a fun, effective and unique opportunity for Verizon Wireless to reach the youth segment," said Marvin Davis, vice president, advertising for Verizon Wireless. "We especially like how the interactive approach gets viewers involved on several levels."
"No one uses their cell phones more or is as savvy about the new services they provide than teens," says Meredith Momoda, vice president, integrated marketing & promotion. "'8 Simple Rules' is the perfect environment to capture how teens rely on their cell phones, and how their parents also depend on them to keep track of their kids. This allows for a completely natural product integration, complemented by a sweepstakes that adds an element of fun for our viewers."
Verizon Wireless and ABC offer eight reasons to watch "8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter" on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 at 8/7c:
- 1. Eight lucky viewers will win a grand prize - an LG VX4400 Get It Now-enabled color wireless phone and $8,000 worth of Verizon Wireless service.
2. There are 80 chances to win a first-place prize - an LG VX4400 Get It Now-enabled color wireless phone to join in the fun.
3. Learn about downloading games, entertainment, and other applications over the air onto a wireless phone with Get It Now, exclusively from Verizon Wireless, and play games such as Mattel'sR Magic Date Ball or JAMDAT Baseball.
4. The Hennessy family puts the "fun" in "dysfunctional." Will Paul ever control his teenage daughters' slew of boyfriends?
5. See America's favorite stars play parents Paul & Cate - John Ritter (formerly Jack on "Three's Company,") and Katey Sagal (formerly Peggy on "Married...with Children").
6. Wash away a stressful workday with 30 minutes of this hilarious comedy .
7. Observe talented young actors Kaley Cuoco (Bridget), Amy Davidson (Kerry) and Martin Spanjers (Rory).
8. You'll be entertained. Tens of thousands of fans agreed that this show is the funniest of the new-comedy lineup, as it won more than 69% of the vote for the 2003 People's Choice Awards.
"The Simple Ways to Win Sweepstakes" is open to residents of the 50 United States and Washington DC, 18 and older. Entries must be received by February 21, 2003. One entry is allowed per person, and the chance of winning is based on number of entries received. Winners will be chosen at random from all correct eligible entries. Subject to complete official rules at abc.com. No purchase is necessary to enter. Drawing for the prizes will be on or about March 3, 2003 and winners will be notified by March 7, 2003.
For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com and click on Contests & Sweepstakes.
About Get It NowSM
Get It Now service from Verizon Wireless expands a wireless phone into an entertainment device that can also increase personal productivity. Customers with Get It Now-capable phones can download applications over the air and purchase them from their phones. Get Games and Get Fun keep customers entertained, while Get Going applications, made for today's mobile lifestyle, offers restaurant location services with maps, directions and more. View and share digital photos with Get Pix or identify incoming callers by assigning a unique ring with Get Tones. A variety of license-pricing options from a free demonstration to single use to monthly subscriptions are available.
About "8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter"
John Ritter ("Three's Company") and Katey Sagal ("Married...with Children") return to series television in this charming family comedy about a loving, rational dad who suddenly discovers that his two darling daughters have unexpectedly morphed into hormonally-charged, incomprehensible teenagers.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless is the nation's leading provider of wireless communications. The company has the largest nationwide wireless voice and data network and 32.5 million customers. Headquartered in Bedminster, NJ, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com.
To update your profile or remove yourself from automatic News Delivery,