Verizon Wireless Continues Aggressive Expansion, Opens Five New Retail Locations in Chicagoland
October 1, 2001
In response to the growing demand for its products and services, and as part of its commitment to provide enhanced convenience to it customers, Verizon Wireless has opened five new retail locations in Chicagoland.
The openings are part of Verizon Wireless' extensive retail expansion plan, which includes the opening of 21 new retail locations throughout Chicagoland this year. The nation's largest wireless provider now has a total of 37 stores and kiosks in the area, employing more than 300 people.
"Our customer base is rapidly expanding throughout Chicagoland," said John Knazur, director of retail stores for Verizon Wireless' Illinois/Wisconsin Region. "Our new locations will give customers more convenient access to our products and services and allow us to provide even better customer service."
"Our retail expansion also continues to have a very positive economic impact in the communities where we're located," Knazur added.
Verizon Wireless' retail locations offer a premier line of digital wireless phones, data products and hands-free calling accessories. Customers can check out the latest wireless Internet and two-way text messaging services, including MobileWeb, Mobile MessengerSM and Mobile Office.
The retail locations also offer a variety of phones in all price ranges, from the new Motorola V120c wireless phone that does double duty as an FM radio to the Verizon Wireless Web-ready, Palm-powered Smartphone from Kyocera.
The new retail locations' addresses, telephone numbers, store managers and hours of operation are as follows:
- 1232 S. Canal, Chicago - 312-421-2000; Store Manager, R.J. Lewis; Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Saturday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- 1326 E. 47th Street, Chicago - 773-373-0300; Store Manager, Natasha Thompson; Monday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- 120 W. 87th Street, Chicago - 773-994-9100; Store Manager, Shareef Shabazz; Monday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Woodfield Mall; 5 Woodfield Shopping Center, F130 - 847-619-0773; Store Manager, David Kendzerski; Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday,
10 a.m. to 9 p.m., Sunday, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Southlake Mall; 2109 Southlake Mall, Merrillville, IN - 219-756-7440; Store Manager, Chris Ford, Monday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., Sunday, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Customers who prefer to shop by phone may can 800-2 JOIN IN. Internet browsers can shop at www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless is the largest wireless communications provider in the U.S. with more than 28 million wireless voice and data customers. The coast-to-coast wireless provider was formed by the combination of the U.S. wireless businesses of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD), including Bell Atlantic Mobile, AirTouch Cellular, GTE Wireless and PrimeCo Personal Communications. Verizon Wireless has a footprint covering more than 90 percent of the U.S. population, 49 of the top 50 and 97 of the top 100 U.S. markets. The company, headquartered in Bedminster, NJ, is 40,000 employees strong. Reporters and editors can find more information about the company on the Web at http://www.verizonwireless.com.