Verizon Wireless Heads To The Beach
Verizon Wireless [FREEUP] Hits Panama City Beach for Spring Break with FREE Calls, Prizes, Games and More
March 3, 2003
Verizon Wireless, the nation's largest wireless service provider, a leader in mobile data and, now, the spring break connection, will be in Panama City, Fla. for Spring Break 2003. Fun contests, fantastic giveaways and even free phone calls while on the beach will be provided by Verizon Wireless to Spring Breakers on the beaches of Panama City from March 3, 2003 through March 28, 2003.
Beach goers will be able to take advantage of a number of fun activities that give them a chance to match wits with their peers, win free Verizon Wireless [FREEUP] handsets and try out Verizon Wireless' Get It NowSM applications that transform wireless phones into mobile fun.
- Spring breakers interested in phoning home for free can look for the Verizon Wireless [FREEUP] H.O.T. (Holler Or TXT) Spot as it will be stationed at Panama City Beach offering calls to let the folks back home know what they are missing.
- Those selected to enter the Verizon Wireless [FREEUP] cash cube have the chance to grab as many "[FREEUP] bucks" as they can, which can be redeemed at participating Verizon Wireless locations.
- Sun worshippers can pair their trivia knowledge with their TXT Messaging capabilities to win a [FREEUP] phone.
- Proficient gamers can easily win prizes as they compete for high scores by playing select Get It Now games.
- In the Verizon Wireless [FREEUP] Sports Zone, vacationers can take a break from the sun and sand to play foosball, pool, pop-a-shot basketball or catch the NCAA games.
With Verizon Wireless, college students have an amazing variety of tools and applications to make their spring break vacations successful. Spring breakers can check out www.verizonwireless.com for more information on the latest promotions, equipment and calling plans from Verizon Wireless.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless is the nation's leading provider of wireless communications. The company has the largest nationwide wireless voice and data network and 32.5 million customers. Headquartered in Bedminster, NJ, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com.
About Get It NowSM
Get It Now service from Verizon Wireless expands a wireless phone into an entertainment device that can also increase personal productivity. Customers with Get It Now-capable phones can download applications over the air and purchase them from their phones. Get Games and Get Fun keep customers entertained, while Get Going applications, made for today's mobile lifestyle, offers restaurant location services with maps, directions and more. View and share digital photos with Get Pix or identify incoming callers by assigning a unique ring with Get Tones. A variety of license-pricing options from a free demonstration to single use to monthly subscriptions are available.
To update your profile or remove yourself from automatic News Delivery,