FORT WAYNE, Ind. - With the addition of three new high-definition (HD) channels in Fort Wayne - HSN HD, Encore HD and NHL Network HD - FiOS TV now offers 101 HD channels to customers, more than any local cable TV company in the area.
Verizon currently offers its FiOS services to more than 120,000 consumers in Allen County, including portions of Fort Wayne, Huntertown and New Haven.
"With Verizon's continued focus on HD content, FiOS TV customers receive the ultimate HD experience," said Kathy Koelle, vice president of marketing and sales for Verizon's South/West region. "Cable can't come close to matching Verizon's 101 HD channels in Fort Wayne, or the innovative features and enhancements FiOS TV customers enjoy."
FiOS TV service highlights include:
- More than 500 all-digital channels grouped by genres such as entertainment, sports, news, shopping, movies and family, making it easy for audiences to find their favorite programming.
- More than 100 HD channels, with extraordinary clarity and theater-quality sound.
- An industry-leading library of more than 14,000 video-on-demand (VOD) titles per month, more than 70 percent of which are free. In addition, the VOD library includes 1,200 HD titles per month.
An innovative interactive media guide (IMG) that helps customers quickly and easily find and enjoy content from TV listings, VOD catalogs and the digital video recorder (DVR), as well as personal music and photos from a home network. Among the features of the IMG are:
- Multi-Room DVR - Verizon's Home Media DVR allows customers to stream recorded HD and standard-definition (SD) programs to up to six other TV sets throughout the home. This includes the ability to watch three separately recorded shows on three TV sets at the same time, plus pause recorded programming in one room and continue watching in another.
- Widgets - Customers have one-touch, on-demand access to local weather and traffic reports shown on TV screens. Widgets provide local traffic and weather reports, daily local and national news headlines, daily national sports headlines, community news, and daily horoscopes.
- Free casual games - With the remote control and an HD set-top box, customers can access chess, solitaire and wordplay
- "What's Hot on FiOS TV" - Features information on the most-popular programs currently being broadcast in the region and the most popular VOD titles.
- Return to paused programming - Allows customers to pause live programming, change channels, and then return to the paused program and pick up where they left off.
- Channel sorting options - Customers can create two separate lists of favorite channels for family members. Customers also can filter channels in the guide by genre, for instances where a customer only may want to see HD content, international channels or kids programming, among others.
Programming choices for Hispanic, African-American, Asian, Russian and other multicultural audiences are available in every market. Because FiOS TV has so much capacity, it is an outlet for emerging and independent networks to showcase their diverse programming.
Information on packages and prices is available at www.verizon.com/fiostv. Customers in the Fort Wayne area also can call 1-888-GET-FIOS (888-438-3467) to see if they qualify to order FiOS TV.
Verizon delivers FiOS TV and Internet services over the nation's most advanced fiber-optic network straight to customers' homes and businesses, providing stunning picture-and-sound quality, a broad spectrum of content diversity, interactive features and the fastest Internet speeds, creating the ultimate home-entertainment experience.
FiOS Internet delivers download speeds of up to 50 Mbps (megabits per second) and upload speeds of up to 20 Mbps, as well as high-quality voice services. This year, Verizon's FiOS Internet service was named the top pick in PC Magazine's 2008 readers' survey and also was named a winner in PC World Magazine's The 100 Best Products of 2008. It was the second year in a row that the broadband service made the reader survey and best products lists.