The latest additions to Samsung’s Galaxy series feature numerous enhancements, including expandable storage options, an improved camera and fast wireless charging, all in a slim, IP68 rated water- and dust-resistant design (up to five feet of water for up to 30 minutes). Unlock the full potential of the new Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge on Verizon’s 4G LTE network, ranked number one for overall network performance across the United States, according to Root Metrics.
The features you need in a phone you want
With a curved-glass back and slimmer ergonomic body, the 5.1” Galaxy S7 and 5.5” Galaxy S7 edge are even easier to hold in one hand and fit in your pocket or purse. Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge sport a new Always-on Super AMOLED display which allows users to take short, quick peeks at basic information like the time, calendar or notifications without touching or waking the screen. Always-on display intelligently turns off when your phone is tucked away in your pocket or purse and out of sight. The Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge also feature larger-capacity batteries – 3,000 mAh for Galaxy S7 and 3,600 mAh for Galaxy S7 edge.
The Galaxy S7 edge features curved glass on all sides of the device, giving users a unique dual-edge display and bigger screen for a fully immersive experience when you fire up go90 or NFL Mobile. In addition, the smartphone’s curved back and unique edge screen design gives you instant access to your most important contacts and apps, as well as easy-to-read notifications from family and friends.
The Galaxy S7 is available in black onyx and gold platinum and the Galaxy S7 edge is available in both of those colors as well as an additional silver titanium color. Both devices have a 32GB hard drive (a portion of memory is occupied by existing content) and feature a microSD card slot for up to 200GB of additional storage.
Samsung further enhanced its Galaxy series with new features, including:
- Water and dust resistant design: With an IP68 rating, both the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge withstand spills and splashes. If your phone gets wet, just pick it up, wipe if off and keep going.
- Advanced camera: The Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge feature dual-pixel technology, which allows for faster autofocus and captures low-light photos a breeze.
- Fast wireless charging: You’ll be able to wirelessly charge and fast-charge your device at the same time with a wireless Fast Charging stand. Simply place the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge on the stand and the device will Fast Charge, without plugging anything into the phone. Fast charging requires Adaptive Fast Charging (AFC) or Quick Charge 2.0-compatible charger to work. Testing under laboratory conditions. Results may vary.
- For the Galaxy S7 edge, a new Task Edge screen offers one-tap access to applications, functions and news, such as contacts, selfie mode or calendar, and is always accessible.
The Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge include Verizon’s Advanced Calling features – HD voice and video calling – for impeccable call quality when calling another subscriber with HD Voice and Wi-Fi calling (for when you’re traveling abroad or in a remote area without a strong signal). In addition, Verizon’s 4G LTE network ensures that the content you create with the state-of-the-art camera and video features in the Samsung Galaxy series doesn’t languish on your phone. Verizon makes it easy to upload photos and videos to your favorite social network, email files to your friends or back-up your data to the Verizon Cloud.
Verizon also makes it easy to accessorize your new Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge with a variety of cases, chargers, additional memory and more. Choose among these three options when you pre-order the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge:
- Memory Bundle: Get any case up to $39.99, any display protector up to $34.99, and a 32 GB microSD card ($39.99) for $79.99.
- Charging Bundle: Get a Samsung Wireless Fast Charging Stand ($69.99), a car charger with Fast Charging ($34.99), and a Samsung Fast Charging Portable Power Pack with 10,220mAh ($79.99) for $99.99.
Switch to Verizon and get 24 bonus GB every year and up to $650
Pre-order a new Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge today and you can stream more music, watch more shows and publish more videos — for free. You’ll receive 24 GB of bonus data every year for life when you upgrade or activate a new phone on our XL or larger Verizon Plan. Available when you get your new phone on device payment, the 2 GB of monthly bonus data applies as long as the line remains active on the current XL (12 GB) or larger plan, is shareable and can be combined with other offers.
If you’re switching to the better network, you can also receive up to $650 per line for a limited time to pay off your old phone or contract when you buy a new smartphone with device payment, port in your number and trade in your old phone. You can get up to a $650 Visa prepaid card for your installment plan balance less trade-in value (or up to $350 prepaid card for early termination fees less trade in value). Your trade-in must be in good working condition and be worth more than $0, and the line must remain active for 6 months. The Visa prepaid card will be mailed within 8 weeks after receipt of your claim. Check out “7 awesome reasons to be on Verizon right now” to see all available promotions from Verizon.
The Samsung Galaxy S7 is available for preorder for $28 per month for 24 months ($672 retail price) and the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge is $33 per month for 24 months ($792 retail price). Preorders your Samsung Galaxy today at verizonwireless.com
George Koroneos is an external communications manager for Verizon, focusing on mobile devices and pricing. A former editorand certified tech geek, George has more than 15 years of publishing experience with expertise in vertical market solutions, mobility, IoT devices, cloud computing and data security.