Sometimes in life you need a new perspective to understand yourself even better. After recently celebrating Verizon’s sustainability program’s fifth year, it seemed like the right time to reflect and ask for feedback. Therefore, we tapped Accenture to study the environmental impact of our solutions and services. Their findings were published online today here.
CO2 savings from the above solutions are equivalent to the annual greenhouse emissions from approximately three million cars! While this is a powerful start, we have a lot more in our sights.
Our 2013 Corporate Responsibility Report showcases the details on what is coming next from Verizon, including some big goals:
· More Green Energy: 20 megawatts to be online by year-end 2014.
· Less Electronic Waste: 2 million pounds to be collected by year-end 2015.
· Greener Buildings: 225 retail stores will be LEED-certified by 2015.
· Increased Recycling: 35 percent device recycling rate by 2015.
· Supply Chain Collaboration: 55 percent of our spending will be with suppliers who have GHG emission reduction targets by 2015.
You can read more about our results to date and our goals for the future in the full report here.