Verizon Enterprise Solutions delivers the connected world. During the second quarter, we helped global clients provide better customer experiences and produce better business results through services like global networking and security, business communications, and IT solutions and managed services. Second quarter 2016 highlights include:
Clients and Partners:
- Verizon won new business, expanded current service or began agreed-upon work for a number of well-known global brands, including American Automobile Association, Anthem, Bencom B.V., Catalent, Inc., Cisco, Ingles Markets, Inc., Kinder Morgan, L.L. Bean, McDermott Will & Emery, McGraw-Hill Global Education Holdings, LLC, SunSource, TeleTech and Tetra Tech.
- Champion Realty, Inc., a Berkshire Hathaway affiliate that provides a broad range of real estate services to Maryland consumers, selected Verizon Enterprise Solution’s Virtual Communications Express service powered by BroadSoft, Inc. to enhance productivity, communications and collaboration for its workforce.
- Tesco named Verizon its “Technology Partner of the Year” at its annual Technology Partner Event, for Verizon’s work on the Tesco UK Connectivity program.
- eLoyalty, part of TeleTech Technology, and Verizon entered into a global agreement integrating eLoyalty’s Contact Center as a Service (CCaaS) platform into Verizon’s new Unified Customer Experience solution to deliver a single, cloud-based contact center offering for enterprise clients.
- Verizon Enterprise Solutions and Actifio joined forces to launch a new cloud backup service which will enable enterprise customers to embrace hybrid cloud, accelerate application development and improve business resiliency.
Internet of Things and Mobility:
- Verizon Intelligent Track and Trace combines the company’s world-class networks and capabilities of its ThingSpace Internet of Things platform with the rfXcel Traceability System to create a comprehensive approach to monitor and trace pharmaceutical products moving through the supply chain from manufacturing facility to pharmacy, clinic or hospital.
- Verizon has unveiled a new Internet of Things (IoT) solution called Grid Wide Intelligent Water, which simplifies water system modernization. Rather than upgrade their system all at once, utilities can now choose, deploy, integrate and manage the services they want, helping track water consumption, detect leaks, be alerted when critical backflow events occur, provide near real-time information to end-customer portals, and resolve billing issues due to metering inaccuracies.
Reports and Research:
- Verizon published the “2016 Data Breach Investigations Report.” Now in its ninth year, the 2016 DBIR analyzes more than 2,260 confirmed data breaches and more than 100,000 reported security incidents – the highest since the report’s inception in 2008. The report addresses more than 10,000 breaches and nearly 300,000 security incidents that have occurred over more than 11 years.
- Verizon released the second annual “State of the Market: Internet of Things 2016” report. Revenue growth is the main factor driving IoT adoption in the enterprise, according to the report, and going forward IoT deployments are seen as a mainstream path to generating higher revenues.
Industry Analyst Relations:
- For the ninth consecutive year, Verizon was placed as a Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Network Services, Global. Gartner’s Network Services report assesses the ability to execute and completeness of vision of enterprise-class networking services worldwide. This acknowledgment comes at an important inflection point where global networks are experiencing rapid change, driven by the enterprises’ growing adoption of cloud IT services and the emergence of new software defined network (SDN) technologies.