Verizon Enterprise Solutions and Verizon Business Markets deliver the connected world – simply, securely and reliably. During the third quarter of 2017, we helped clients around the globe provide better customer experiences and produce better business results through services such as advanced network connectivity, collaboration and managed services. Third quarter 2017 highlights include:
Federal Government & Public Safety Initiatives
- Verizon was named an Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions (EIS) contract solutions provider by the U.S. General Services Administration. Under the EIS contract, federal agencies will be able to buy information technology, telecommunications services, and other enterprise solutions from Verizon. The 15-year EIS Multi-Agency Contract (MAC), with a total spending ceiling of $50 billion, will ultimately replace agencies' existing Networx, WITS 3 and Local Telecommunications Services contracts as these expire.
- Verizon also announced plans to develop a dedicated wireless network core in the U.S. to support public safety agencies. The network core manages and directs all communications functions, including network access and call routing. The dedicated public safety core will operate separately from our commercial core and provide first responders with access to the company's 2.4 million square mile 4G LTE network.
- Check Point Software is now available as a security offering within Verizon’s VNS solution, giving global enterprises more choice when securing network-reliant applications in an on premise, public or hybrid cloud environment. Check Point Software is the latest in a growing list of enterprise security companies to imbed their offerings within our VNS, joining Palo Alto, Fortinet, Juniper and Cisco. Verizon is creating the software-defined technology ecosystem to make it simple for global enterprises to deploy and manage virtual networks which require flexible bandwidth and trusted security.
- In July, we announced that U.S. federal agencies can procure Virtual Communications Express for Government, Verizon’s unified communications solution for the federal sector. Specifically designed to help federal agencies migrate from traditional voice systems to IP-based communications as part of a mandate by the General Services Administration, Virtual Communications Express for Government is secure, cost effective and scalable across multiple locations. Additionally, it can be used as a platform to support today’s virtual and mobile work environments, and offers mobility options, video calling and audio conferencing, instant messaging with presence indicators, desktop and file sharing capability, and other collaboration tools.
- Verizon Enterprise Solutions released its 2017 Payment Security Report, which demonstrated a link between payment card security standard compliance and an organization’s ability to defend itself against cyberattacks. With cybercrime on the increase, payment card security is increasingly a focus for companies and consumers alike. The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is available to help businesses that take card payments protect their payment systems from breaches and theft of cardholder data.
- In September, we released our annual "State of the Market: Internet of Things 2017," report which includes insights from a Verizon-commissioned study, third party research and other new findings. Among many highlights, this year’s report revealed that the Internet of Things (IoT) is at the core of digital transformation in 2017 with 73 percent of executives either researching or currently deploying IoT. Manufacturing, transportation and utilities make up the largest percent of investments, while insurance and consumers represent the fastest areas of spending growth.
- Verizon swept the J.D. Power 2017 U.S. Business Wireline Satisfaction Study, reinforcing our customer commitment and service delivery record. Verizon ranked highest in all surveyed segments – large enterprise, small/medium and very small - among business wireline service providers, according to the J.D. Power 2017 U.S. Business Wireline Satisfaction Study results released on July 20. The 2017 ranking represents consecutive recognition for Verizon Enterprise Solutions, which has now ranked highest in customer satisfaction in the large enterprise business segment two years in a row. 
- Gartner, Inc. positioned Verizon in the Leaders quadrant of the 2017 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications as a Service, Worldwide study for its ability to execute and completeness of vision. Verizon was positioned highest in the Leaders quadrant for ability to execute. The Verizon Unified Communications and Collaboration as a Service portfolio encompasses the Hosted Collaboration Solution-based UCCaaS suite, Virtual Communications Express (VCE) and One Talk.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
 Verizon received the highest numerical score among Small/Medium and Large Enterprise Business providers in the J.D. Power 2017 U.S. Business Wireline Satisfaction Study, based on 3,102 total responses, measuring customer perceptions of their current wireline provider, surveyed April-June 2017. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com
 Gartner, “Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications as a Service, Worldwide” by Daniel O’Connell, Bern Elliott, Rafael A. Benitez. September 6, 2017.