Verizon Partner Solutions (VPS) is the global wholesale partner of choice to deliver a better experience on a better network - connecting customers to the digital world. During the first quarter, VPS worked with customers to deliver connectivity services such as Ethernet, voice and Internet solutions in 2,700 cities across the globe. First quarter 2017 highlights include:
Clients and Partners:
- VPS won new business, expanded current service or began agreed-upon work for a number of clients and partners, including: Clear Bank, Last Mile Corp (international voice services), Prime Global Communications (UK) Ltd.
- VPS expanded its U.S. Ethernet-lit locations by 18,000 to over 250,000 locations in total, helping customers to benefit from easy installation coupled with competitive price points.
- VPS also launched new, competitive Ethernet access rates for Verizon’s Private IP and IDE networking services in the Verizon ILEC territory.
- VPS introduced a new, Secure Cloud Interconnect (SCI) aggregate billing solution which allows customers to spread cloud usage across multiple cloud providers. Verizon can now provide VPS customers with a single, shared high-usage data plan, rather than requiring an individual price plan per user. Customers therefore no longer have to pay additional fees for overage on one plan when another is underutilized, giving them better control of SCI costs while improving their margin.
- VPS launched a new international VPN service in EMEA, offering access to Verizon’s Global IP Connect (VOIP) service.
- A new, toll-free API has enabled VPS to reduce provisioning intervals, while also laying the groundwork for future enhancements related to reporting and international support.
- VPS announced that a trial for consumer Fiber to the Internet (FTTI) services has been approved in New York, offering VPS customers a reliable, fast, and best-effort Internet service, built on Verizon’s award-winning Fios backbone.
- Following the rollout for Verizon’s new fiber optic program in Boston, VPS has enhanced its competitive pricing programs to leverage Verizon’s investment in these locations.
Awards and Recognition:
- VPS was recognised by ATLANTIC-ACM with:
- The Global data value award for large service providers
- The U.S. Long Haul Award for network performance, best brand, and best data value for large service providers