Verizon Retail Index sees heavy Black Friday ecommerce traffic
NEW YORK - It was a strong digital Black Friday, according to Verizon Enterprise Solutions’ third annual Verizon Retail Index. Today’s report – A Black Friday fitting for the digital set – shows a nine percent year-over-year increase in ecommerce traffic among other findings and is now available in Verizon’s Media Center. The Verizon Retail Index provides key insights into consumer ecommerce traffic during the holiday shopping season.
“Retailers have learned to engage consumers in a digital world given shopper response to Black Friday promotions,” said Michele Dupré, group vice president for retail, distribution and hospitality with Verizon Enterprise Solutions. “The focus on refining the digital experience however must strike the right balance with engagement strategies that make stores destinations.”
The Verizon Retail Index tracks ecommerce traffic across Verizon’s broadband networks to the top 25 U.S.-based online retailers as identified by eMarketer based on annual revenue. The Index monitors network traffic throughout the holiday shopping season, including during signature events such as Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
The next edition of the 2016 Verizon Retail Index will capture digital shopping activity from Saturday and Sunday (Nov. 26-27) and will be released on Monday, November 28 by 1pm Eastern time. Findings from the Index will be released throughout the season with an emphasis on key dates, such as final shipping deadlines, which historically have motivated consumers to shop. The complete list of report publication dates includes:
- Monday, November 21 – Initial report capturing data from the preceding weekend which found a 15 percent year-over-year increase on Sunday (Nov. 20)
- Friday, November 25 – Thanksgiving report which demonstrated a 10 percent year-over-year increase
- Saturday, November 26 – Black Friday report which highlights a nine percent year-over-year increase
- Monday, November 28 – Thanksgiving weekend report
- Tuesday, November 29 – Cyber Monday report
- Monday, December 5 – First week of December report
- Monday, December 12 – Second week of December report
- Monday, December 19 – Third week of December report
- Tuesday, December 27 – Final week before Christmas report, including final shipping deadlines, Super Saturday and Christmas
- Tuesday, January 3, 2017 – Post New Year’s weekend report
- Thursday, January 5, 2017 – Wrap-up report
Contact Maria Montenegro at email@example.com to speak with Michele Dupré or to receive additional information.