Verizon is your destination for two new 4G LTE connected smartwatches with Android Wear 2.0
NEW YORK - Two new LTE connected smartwatches with the latest software from Google, Android Wear 2.0, will soon be available at Verizon: LG Watch Sport and the exclusive Wear24 smartwatch. In today's connected world, a smartwatch makes it easier to stay connected and receive calls or texts without your smartphone constantly glued to you.
LG Watch Sport
The LG Watch Sport will be the first smartwatch to run Android Wear 2.0 out of the box. That means you can:
- Text and contact friends and family without needing your smartphone
- Make tap-to-pay purchases using your watch with Android Pay
- Get built-in coaching with activity tracking goals with Google Fit 2.0
- Stream tunes over 4G LTE from the watch using Google Play Music
The LG Watch Sport’s stylish rotating crown is a watch feature that many are familiar with and makes it easy to navigate through menus, raise and lower the volume and zoom in and out. The 1.38-inch display is optimized for outdoor visibility and use and it’s water resistant to withstand being submerged in up to five feet of water for up to 30 minutes.
The Wear24 smartwatch, available only at Verizon, provides constant connectivity with a slim and modern design in mind.
Wear24 includes features from Google’s latest Android Wear 2.0, like making and receiving calls or texts without needing your smartphone nearby. Along with interactive and unique watch faces that you can customize to fit your needs. These watch faces can also be set up to automatically change what information they display based on where you are. It lets you set a modern look for the office and a social look for the home. Additionally, the Wear24 is water resistant to withstand being submerged in up to 3.3 feet of water for up to 30 minutes.
What network are you wearing?
A 4G LTE smartwatch means that even when away from your smartphone you’ll still get notifications and can reply to friends, call family, search for food, listen to music, and more. And being on the better network means getting those notifications as they come in.
These smartwatches are always connected to your smartphone’s phone number, so texts and calls from the watch use that number, even if the smartphone isn’t with you. This makes it ok to leave your smartphone in the other room or go out for an errand without it and keep up with all your notifications. One number, multiple devices.
Pricing and availability
The LG Watch Sport will be available for pre-order online at Verizon starting Feb. 10 and will soon be available in stores for $329.99 with new two-year activation. The Wear24 smartwatch will be available online and in Verizon stores next month for $299.99 with new two-year activation.
You can add the connected smartwatch to an existing Verizon Plan for $5 monthly access, plus taxes & fees. Not on Verizon but still want a connected smartwatch on the best network? The Single Device Plan gives you 1GB for a connected device, plus unlimited talk & text, for as low as $10 a month plus taxes & fees, when you enroll in auto-pay and paper-free billing. There’s no data-sharing, so you are in total control.
Get Google at Verizon
With the addition of two connected smartwatches running the latest Android Wear 2.0, Verizon is the place to get the latest from Google:
- Pixel & Pixel XL: a pair of innovative new smartphones made by Google that take full advantage of Verizon’s 4G LTE network. And both phones come with unlimited storage for photos and videos at full resolution.
- Daydream View: a virtual reality headset and motion controller for experiencing high-quality, immersive media, apps and games.
- Google Home: a voice-activated speaker powered by the Google Assistant. Just start with, "Ok Google" and say a command. Enjoy music, get answers, manage everyday tasks, and control smart devices around the home.
- Google Live Cases: let you look good while protecting the Pixel or Pixel XL. The Google Trends Live Case charts trending topics from Google Search and the Google Earth Live Case displays landscapes shot from space right on your phone's screen.