Verizon's #GreenBizSummit in Arlington, Virginia
This series of panel discussions is aimed at helping small businesses access information to reducing costs, increasing profits and become more sustainable.
Part One of our #GreenBizSummit
Part Two of our #GreenBizSummit
Here is a social recap of today's event
Here is the rundown for today's event:
Master of Ceremonies: Erik Assadourian, Senior Fellow, Worldwatch Institute
9:00am - 9:45am ET - Why Sustainability? - Doing well while doing good: panelists will discuss how small businesses can save money and increase profits while reducing their impact on the environment.
- Brian Castelli, Senior Fellow, Alliance to Save Energy (Moderator)
- Sharon Baxter, Pollution Prevention, Virginia Department of Environmental Quality
- Brad Dockser, CEO, GreenGen Solutions
- Uwe Brandes, Executive Director, Georgetown University
10:00am - 10:45am ET - The Art of Sustainability - "Going green": panelists will share best practices in reducing energy and water use, improving logistics and minimizing waste.
- Bill Valdez, Director of Business Services, Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, U.S. DOE (Moderator)
- Dr. Carole Cameron Inge, Founder, President and CEO, National Institute for the Commercialization of Clean Energy (NICCE)
- Laura Abshire, Director of Sustainability, National Restaurant Association
- Gary Skulnik, Founder, Clean Currents
- Todd Foley, SVP of Policy and Government Relations, ACORE
12:15-1:00pm ET - Tools To Go Green - Panelists will equip the audience with information on how to identify available resources, utilize sustainable technologies and foster private and public partnerships to achieve sustainability goals.
- Michael McAdams, President, Advanced Biofuels Association (Moderator)
- Arun Sinha, Director, Business Development, Opto22
- Nicole Porter, Assistant District Director for Economic Development, U.S. Small Business Administration
- Chris Ransom, Director of Sales Engineering, Verizon Networkfleet
- Joe Lipscomb, Founder, Arborview Capital
1:15pm - 2:00pm ET - Colloquy: A Leadership Perspective on Sustainability in Small Business
- Roger Ballentine, President, Green Strategies Inc. (Moderator)
- Jim Gowen, Chief Sustainability Officer and Vice President of Supply Chain Operations,Verizon
- Antonio Doss, District Director, U.S. Small Business Administration
- David Levine, Co-Founder, CEO, American Sustainable Business Council