DALLAS, TX — Just in time for the holiday shopping, Verizon Wireless is offering the first-ever color-screen wireless phone. Users can enjoy enhanced readability to view menu options, icons and even web pages in red, green and blue on Verizon Wireless' Timeport P8767 by Motorola. Coupled with Verizon Wireless MobileWeb service, the tri-color digital Timeport is the season's hottest wireless gift.
"The revolutionary Timeport P8767 is an excellent choice for people on the edge of trends and technology. It is the most state-of-the-art cellular technology with an extra splash of color. Cool is in, and this is definitely cool. It is also for those who simply want the latest and greatest phones and accessories to stay in touch with friends and family," said Cindy Patterson, regional president for Verizon Wireless in North Texas.
In addition to standard features such as Caller ID, vibrating alerts, voice mail button and alphanumeric text messaging, Verizon's Timeport P8767 offers:
- The Organic Electro-Luminescent display enables users to see three colors for enhanced readability.
- Built-in capability to access Verizon Wireless' MobileWeb for access to Internet services.
- Enhanced phone book that stores up to four phone numbers for each of 99 contacts.
- The ability to synchronize compatible PC contact information with the phone (software optional).
- Battery life of up to 210 minutes of talk time or 160 hours of standby in digital service area. (Battery, charger, holster and one-year warranty included.)
- Data/fax capabilities.
- A dedicated message key for quick access to messaging menus.
With the use of Verizon Wireless' MobileWeb service, the Timeport can help manage holiday gift lists and comparison shop on-line at the point of purchase.
Priced at $239.99 with a two-year contract, the Timeport P8767 is available at North Texas-area Verizon Wireless stores.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless is the largest wireless communications provider in the U.S.with 26.3 million wireless voice and data customers and 3.5 million paging customers. The new coast-to-coast wireless provider was formed by the combination of the U.S. wireless businesses of Bell Atlantic Corp. and GTE Corp -- now Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) -- and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). The new company includes the assets of Bell Atlantic Mobile, AirTouch Cellular, GTE Wireless, PrimeCo Personal Communications and AirTouch Paging. The company has a footprint covering nearly 90 percent of the U.S. population, 49 of the top 50 and 96 of the top 100 U.S. markets. Verizon Wireless, headquartered in Bedminster, NJ, is 32,000 employees strong. Reporters and editors can find more information about the company on the Web at http://www.verizonwireless.com.####