LOUISVILLE, KY — Verizon Wireless, the nation’s leading provider of wireless communications, has created a brochure to be used as a resource for learning how to drive responsibly while using a wireless phone. Included in the brochure are tips on minimizing distractions in the car, including using a hands-free device while driving and talking on the phone.
“Wireless phones are becoming more and more a part of everyday life,” said Wayne White, Verizon Wireless’ regional president for Kentucky, Michigan and Indiana. “We encourage individuals to remember that, when behind the wheel, their primary responsibility is driving. We think this brochure is a step toward reminding people of the best way to use their wireless phones while in the car.”
Verizon Wireless offers the following suggestions on responsible calling while driving:
- When behind the wheel, safe driving is always your first responsibility.
- Dial your phone only when your car is not in motion.
- Always use a hands-free device when driving and talking. Take advantage of voice-activated dialing if your phone has this feature. When you turn your phone on, make sure your hands-free device is on and working.
- Pre-program important and frequently dialed numbers so you can dial them by pressing only a few buttons.
- Never take notes or write down phone numbers while driving.
- Know your wireless phone number so emergency personnel can call you back.
- If traffic conditions warrant your undivided attention, turn your phone off and let calls go to voice mail.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless is the nation’s leading provider of wireless communications. The company has the largest nationwide wireless voice and data network and 32.5 million customers. Headquartered in Bedminster, NJ, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at http://www.verizonwireless.com.