BEDMINSTER, NJ — Verizon Wireless, the nation's largest wireless service provider, a leader in mobile data and, now, the spring break connection, provides loads of must-have communication options to keep the vacationing student up to date and in on the action.
Whether they are hitting the beaches of Florida or skiing in Colorado this year, Spring Breakers will find Verizon Wireless' nationwide service a great companion. Since college students are almost always looking for ways to keep their budgets in check, below are some reasons why Verizon Wireless service is a valuable vacation companion:
- Download Mobile Converter from Verizon Wireless' Get It NowSM service to stay on budget and to find out how many Pesos or Eastern Caribbean Dollars are in a U.S. dollar.
- Use TXT Messaging to locate a buddy in a crowded bar or to make plans when it's time to move on to the next location.
- Get the latest information - even directions - to the hippest dining and nightlife spots in many Spring Break destinations such as Miami, Orlando and 20 other major cities with Vindigo on Get It Now.
- With everyone looking to stand out in the crowd, polyphonic ring tones, available for download through Get It Now, are one way to call attention. From pop to hip-hop to heavy metal and movie themes, a unique ring tone from Verizon Wireless is a crowd pleaser.
- Many savvy college students may already use Verizon Wireless' [FREEUP] prepay service for their wireless service. With more than 8,000 retail locations to [REUP], Spring Breakers can easily replenish their [FREEUP] service if they run out when they're on vacation.
With Verizon Wireless, college students have an amazing variety of tools and applications to make their spring break vacations successful. Spring Breakers can check out www.verizonwireless.com for more information on the latest promotions, equipment and plans from Verizon Wireless.
About Get It NowSM
Get It Now service from Verizon Wireless expands a wireless phone into an entertainment device that can also increase personal productivity. Customers with Get It Now-capable phones can download applications over the air and purchase them from their phones. Get Games and Get Fun keep customers entertained, while Get Going applications, made for today's mobile lifestyle, offers restaurant location services with maps, directions and more. View and share digital photos with Get Pix or identify incoming callers by assigning a unique ring with Get Tones. A variety of license-pricing options from a free demonstration to single use to monthly subscriptions are available.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless is the nation's leading provider of wireless communications. The company has the largest nationwide wireless voice and data network and 32.5 million customers. Headquartered in Bedminster, NJ, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com.