BEDMINSTER, NJ — With opening day nearing, fans are dusting off their baseball gloves and once again dreaming of a championship for their favorite team. Baseball die-hards across the country can stay connected to the dream and each other with a variety of "hit one out of the park" offerings from Verizon Wireless that will satisfy the most avid fan.
Play Ball! Anytime You Want Get It Now®, Verizon Wireless' virtual store offers baseball fans plenty of games and applications to keep the fun going even after the final out.
- Play Along with the Pros Test batting skills and smash home runs with FOX Sports Hit the Pros and MLB Slam from the getGAMES shopping aisle.
- Get in the Baseball Spirit Personalize ring tones and wallpapers with getTONES with ESPN's Baseball Tonight.
- Get Sports Updates Receive alerts about the latest baseball scores and news updates by signing up for getALERTS on vtext.com, Verizon Wireless' TXT Messaging companion site.
- Capture and Send the Fun Snap pictures of players stealing home or striking out the side with getPIX and send them instantly to friends or create a personal Pix Place Web site, where all game photos can be posted.
- Keep in Touch with Other Fans TXT friends to celebrate an exciting win or an amazing double play using TXT Messaging from the getTXT shopping aisle. Or use Mobile IM from Verizon Wireless to check who else is watching the game by accessing your AOL® Instant Messenger (AIM®) service Buddy List® feature or MSN Messenger and communicate with them instantly.
Customers can pay as they go for TXT Messaging, which is just $0.02 for each message received and $0.10 for each message sent, or select from bundled plans for $2.99 per month for 100 messages sent and/or received and $3.99 per month for 200 messages sent and/or received. For a limited time, Verizon Wireless customers that sign up for TXT Messaging can get 500 TXT Messages for just $4.99 per month through December 31, 2005.
Download charges for Get It Now applications vary and airtime charges apply when browsing, downloading and using certain applications. To use Mobile IM, customers need an existing IM account with AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) or MSN Messenger, and then must download the Mobile IM application in the Get It Now virtual store in the getMESSAGING shopping aisle.
For more information about Get It Now, visit www.verizonwireless.com/getitnow.
About Verizon WirelessVerizon Wireless is the nation's leading provider of wireless communications. The company has the largest nationwide wireless voice and data network and 37.5 million customers. Headquartered in Bedminster, NJ, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To receive broadcast-quality video footage of Verizon Wireless operations, log onto www.thenewsmarket.com/verizonwireless.
About Get It NowGet It Now from Verizon Wireless puts a virtual software store inside a wireless phone. Customers with Get It Now-capable phones can download applications over the air and purchase them from their phones. getTXT, getIM and getEMAIL help customers stay in touch and communicate with others. getGAMES keeps customers entertained, while getGOING applications, made for today's mobile lifestyle, offers restaurant location services with maps, directions and more. View and share digital photos with getPIX, check out Web cams with getFLIX or identify incoming callers by assigning a unique ring with getTONES. getALERTS keeps customers informed while getBROWSING lets them access the Web from their wireless phone.
Get It Now is a registered trademark of Verizon Wireless.
AOL, Instant Messenger and Buddy List are trademarks of America Online, Inc.####