LITTLE ROCK, AK — In its ongoing effort to provide the best wireless service in the state, Verizon Wireless, owner and operator of the nation's most reliable wireless network, expanded its network by adding ten new cell sites in central Arkansas during the first four months of 2006.
To meet the growing demand for its voice and data services, Verizon Wireless has activated 117 cell sites in Arkansas since the company's launch into the state last year. Verizon Wireless has invested $30 billion - on average $5 billion every year - since the company was formed six years ago to increase the coverage and capacity of its national network and to add new capabilities.
"This network expansion demonstrates our ongoing commitment to meet the growing needs of our customers in Arkansas," said Lee Maschmann, executive director of network for Verizon Wireless. "This investment reflects our dedication to anticipating the demands on our wireless network and providing the highest overall quality of service to our customers."
As part of its commitment to provide customers with the most reliable service, Verizon Wireless activated the following cell sites in the first four months of 2006 to enhance wireless coverage in Arkansas:
- Little Rock: Located along Kavanaugh Boulevard, this site provides enhanced coverage to the area bounded by Cantrell Road, South Woodrow Street, South University Drive, and Interstate 630.
- Little Rock: Located along South University in Little Rock, the site provides improved service to the area bounded by US Highway 70, Boyle Park Road, Peyton Street and Interstate 630.
- Little Rock: Located along Herndon Road in Little Rock, this site provides enhanced service to the area bounded by Stage Coach Road, South University Road, Asher Avenue and Interstate 30.
- Sylvan Hills: Located along Bear Paw Road, the site provides improved service to the area bounded by Camp Robinson, Batesville Pike, Kellogg Road and West Kiehl Avenue.
- Benton: Located off of Alcoa Boulevard in east Benton, this site provides enhanced service to the area bounded by South Reynolds Road, Edison Avenue and Interstate 30.
- Lake Maumelle: Located along Arkansas Highway 10 near Pinnacle, Ark., this site provides expanded coverage to the Lake Maumelle area.
- Bryant: Located along South Reynolds Road, this site provides enhanced service to the area bounded by Edison Avenue, South Alexander Road, Alcoa Road and Interstate 30.
- Kerr: Located along US Highway 70 in Kerr, Ark.., this site provides improved coverage to the area bounded by US Highway 165, Valentine Road, Doc Eagle Loop and Interstate 40.
- Searcy: Located along Holmes Road, this site enhances coverage to the area bounded by Meadow Lane, Johnston Road, Rocky Parkway Road, and East Country Club Road.
- Barnes Creek: Located near Interstate 40, the site provides improved coverage and capacity to the section of Interstate 40 that runs between Carlisle and Hazen AR.
About Verizon WirelessVerizon Wireless owns and operates the nation's most reliable wireless network, serving 51.3 million voice and data customers. Headquartered in Bedminster, NJ, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.####