BASKING RIDGE, NJ and SAN DIEGO, CA — Verizon Wireless and LG Electronics MobileComm U.S.A., Inc. (LG Mobile Phones) are bringing the hottest mobile device to the U.S. with the debut of Chocolate by LG. Available exclusively through Verizon Wireless, Chocolate is the ultimate mobile phone, loaded with hot features, such as V CAST, V CAST Music, and fabulous tools like VZ NavigatorSM, all packaged within a smooth slider design.
Chocolate by LG is a work of art both in looks and features with its sleek, ultra-thin minimalist style and silky-smooth slide design, users will be lured in by Chocolate's glowing red touch sensitive keypad. V CAST Music customers can browse, preview, download and play high-quality digital music from their phones over Verizon Wireless' broadband network or in the Verizon Wireless V CAST Music online store. With more than 1.3 million songs to choose from, Verizon Wireless customers can download the songs they love most, accessing their music collection anywhere they go.
"In a world where quality wireless service is a table-stake, Chocolate sets a new standard for wireless handsets," said John Stratton, Verizon Wireless vice president and chief marketing officer. "This is a lifestyle device that reflects the discerning taste of a customer who relies upon the Verizon Wireless network to stay connected, but wants a device that speaks to the innovation and personalization that can be achieved with music."
In addition to its advanced multimedia capabilities and chic styling, Verizon Wireless has included the features customers have come to expect including V CAST Video and 3D Games, a 1.3 mega pixel camera, Bluetooth® capabilities, a microSDTM memory expansion slot that supports the newest SanDisk 2GB cards and access to VZ Navigator and turn-by-turn navigation with audible voice directions to most addresses in the U.S.
"We agree, Chocolate by LG is this year's must-have mobile device," said Mr. Juno Cho, president of LG Electronics MobileComm U.S.A, Inc. "With sophisticated American users in mind, this is the next generation of the Chocolate design for the U.S. Verizon Wireless' features and functionalities, such as V CAST and V CAST Music, make Chocolate the ultimate entertainment and communication device."
Chocolate is taking the global handset market by storm, selling more than 1 million units since its international launch outside Korea and has won two global design awards (the 2006 iF Design Award and Reddot Design Award for its unique styling and user interface).
- Chocolate as offered by Verizon Wireless offers the following additional features:
- Music player with customizable audio effects and UI player themes (supports mp3 and WMA formats)
- Speaker for music
- Dedicated music key for easy access to playlists
- Multitask while playing music send messages, browse the Web, change your phone settings and more
- My Music All songs, manage playlists; songs are auto organized by artist, genre, album; manage your music settings
- Music only mode (RF off, except Bluetooth)
- Standalone mode (RF off, for use with wired headsets for listening to music) Set alarm using music
- microSD memory port store music, customer generated pictures, video and sounds
- 1.3 mega pixel camera and camcorder
- Resolution: 1280x960, 640x480, 320x240, 176x144, 160x120 pixels
- Record up to one hour of video
- Digital zoom: up to 2x
- Self-timer: three, five or ten seconds
- Customizable brightness, white balance, shutter sound, color effects, night mode
- Mirror for self-portrait capability
- Video player
- Get It Now®-capable download games, ring tones, wallpapers and more
- Mobile Web 2.0SM-capable customizable, enhanced wireless access to the latest in news, sports, weather and more
- Bluetooth Capable* (v1.1) compatible with devices that support the headset, hands-free, Serial Port (SPP), Dial Up Networking (DUN), and Object Push (OPP) profile for vCard exchange
- Advanced audio Distribution Profile (for Bluetooth stereo headset support for listening to music**)
- Save up to 20 Bluetooth pairings
- Speaker-independent voice recognition: call, send message to, go to, check, lookup, My Account
- TTY/TDD support
- Voice memo recording
- mp3 ring tone support
- 12 ring tones and vibrate and silent modes
- Ultra-thin, stylish slider design with unobtrusive internal antenna
- Red touch navigation keys (protected when inactive)
- Flash user interface themes for personalization
- Flash wallpapers with fun animations
- TXT, PIX and FLIX Messaging-enabled send and receive messages with text, sounds and customer generated photos and videos
- Web-Based e-mail and instant messaging
- My Account access balance, minutes, usage and payment info
- Personal Tools calendar with scheduler, alarm clock, notepad, plus world clock, calculator and Ez tip calculator tools
- Speed dial with 98 entries and one voice mail default
- 500 contacts address book with five numbers, two e-mail addresses and a picture ID for each entry
- Technology: CDMA
- Frequency: 1.9 GHz CDMA PCS, 800 MHz CDMA (digital dual-band)
- Data transmission: high-speed EV-DO
- Dimensions: 3.80" h x 1.88" w x 0.69" d
- Weight: 3.53 oz.
- Displays: 262K color TFT, 240x320 pixels, 11 lines
- Standard battery: 800 mAh Li-Ion polymer
- Usage time: up to three hours 30 minutes, or standby time: up to 16 days
Chocolate by LG is available today at www.verizonwireless.com for $149.99 after a $50 instant online discount and new two-year customer agreement. It will also be available in more than 2, 100 Verizon Wireless Communications Stores including those in Circuit City on August 7 for $149.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate and new two-year customer agreement. V CAST Music songs cost $0.99 if purchased from the PC or $1.99 if purchased and downloaded over the air onto a V CAST Music phone.
For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or visit www.verizonwireless.com.
* Chocolate by LG does not support all Bluetooth object transfer (OBEX) profiles. **Streaming audio not supported through Bluetooth stereo headset.
(EDITORS NOTE: Broadcast-quality B-Roll and high-resolution stills of Chocolate and V CAST Music from Verizon Wireless are available online. Log on to Verizon Wireless' Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia to preview and request video segments, which can be received in newsrooms digitally, by tape or via satellite, or to request images.)
About Verizon WirelessVerizon Wireless owns and operates the nation's most reliable wireless network, serving 54.8 million voice and data customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About LG Electronics, Inc. LG Electronics, Inc., (KSE: 06657.KS) is the leader in consumer electronics and mobile communications. The company has more than 72,000 employees working in 77 subsidiaries and marketing units around the world. LG Electronics is the world's largest producer of CDMA handsets, optical storage devices, residential air conditioners and home theater systems. With total revenue of more than USD 35 billion (consolidated USD 45 billion), LG Electronics is comprised of four business units: Mobile Communications, Digital Appliance, Digital Display and Digital Media. LG Electronics' goal worldwide is to create and enable the intelligent networking of digital products that will make consumers' lives better than ever.
About LG Electronics Mobile Communications CompanyLG Electronics Mobile Communications Company is the world's leading manufacturer of WCDMA (UMTS), CDMA. The company provides a total range of wireless solutions, and is rapidly establishing a global presence as it cultivates international market share in 3G handsets. For more information please visit www.lgusa.com.####