LAS VEGAS, NV, BASKING RIDGE, NJ and DALLAS, TX — Verizon Wireless, operator of the nation's most reliable wireless network, and Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung) announced today that its new V CAST Mobile TV service will be available on the new Samsung SCH-u620 mobile phone. V CAST Mobile TV, the latest breakthrough in mobile entertainment technology that brings the best of TV to the palms of customers' hands, and the SCH-u620 are expected to be available in the first quarter of 2007.
The Samsung SCH-u620 is one of the first mobile phones to support Verizon Wireless' V CAST Mobile TV service and features a vibrant two-inch QVGA 240 x 320 pixel LCD screen to view the V CAST Mobile TV streaming broadcasts. Built for optimum viewing pleasure, the SCH-u620 also boasts stereo Bluetooth® support for enhanced audio, a dedicated V CAST Mobile TV key and a retractable V CAST Mobile TV antenna. The SCH-u620 is also a fully-loaded multimedia device, supporting V CAST Music, Get It Now® applications and Mobile Web 2.0SM.
"The launch of Verizon Wireless V CAST Mobile TV on the SCH-u620 is an exciting landmark for the mobile phone users in the United States," said Dale Sohn, Samsung Telecommunications America president. "Samsung brings its worldwide experience with video-capable phones to the U.S. with a quality handset that showcases Verizon Wireless' new V CAST Mobile TV service."
In addition to supporting V CAST Music, Get It Now applications and Mobile Web 2.0, the SCH-u620 is the perfect device for use with VZ NavigatorSM, Verizon Wireless' tool for customers that gives them access to a wide array of Location Based Services (LBS) options, including mapping, audible turn-by-turn navigation and the ability to find over 14 million points of interest. Key features of the SCH-u620 include:
- 1.3 Megapixel digital camera with flash
- Camcorder with MMS length or full-length capabilities
- V CAST-capable o V CAST Mobile TV check out the latest streaming television programs on your wireless phone
- V CAST Music download songs over the air or transfer your own music collection onto a microSDTM memory card
- V CAST Video and 3D Games download or stream video clips from the best names in news, sports, entertainment and more or download the latest 3D games from top providers
- Get It Now -capable download games, ring tones, wallpapers and more
- Mobile Web 2.0-capable customizable, enhanced wireless access to the latest in news, sports, weather and more
- TXT , Picture Messaging and Video Messaging-capable
- Advanced speech recognition with dictation
- Bluetooth wireless technology profiles for stereo headset (for music playback) as well as mono headset, hands-free, serial port, dial-up networking, and object push (for vCard only)*
- Expandable memory with microSD memory card slot
- Dimensions: 3.76" x 1.86" x .85", 3.7 ounces with standard battery
- QVGA display (240 x 320)
- Bilingual user interface: English and Spanish
- Personal organizer with calendar, calculator, to-do list, currency converter, alarm clock, world time, and a stop watch
- File viewer for DOC, XLS, PPT, PDF, TXT, HTM, and image files (like JPEG and BMP)
* The SCH-u620 does not support all Bluetooth OBEX profiles. Go to www.verizonwireless.com/bluetoothchart to check car kit and accessory compatibility.
About Verizon WirelessVerizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 57 million customers. The largest US wireless company and largest wireless data provider, based on revenues, Verizon Wireless is headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 60,000 employees nationwide. The company is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About Samsung Telecommunications America Samsung Telecommunications America, L.P., a Dallas-based subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., researches, develops and markets wireless handsets and telecommunications products throughout North America. For more information, please visit www.samsungwireless.com.
About Samsung ElectronicsSamsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in semiconductor, telecommunication, digital media and digital convergence technologies with 2005 parent company sales of US$56.7 billion and net income of US $7.5 billion. Employing approximately 128,000 people in over 90 offices in 51 countries, the company consists of five main business units: Digital Appliance Business, Digital Media Business, LCD Business, Semiconductor Business and Telecommunication Network Business. Recognized as one of the fastest growing global brands, Samsung Electronics is a leading producer of digital TVs, memory chips, mobile phones, and TFT-LCDs. For more information, please visit www.samsung.com.####