BASKING RIDGE, NJ — With temperatures dropping and the snow piling up, skiers and snowboarders are making their way to the mountains. When they do, Verizon Wireless, owner and operator of the nation's most reliable wireless network, urges winter sports enthusiasts to remember they can count on their wireless service if they keep some wireless winter wisdom in mind:
- Charge your phone or PDA frequently. Cold temperatures can run down the phone's battery charge more quickly.
- Handle your handset with care. The display cover can become brittle when exposed to cold temperatures for long periods of time.
- Keep your phone in a warm place; avoid leaving it in an outside pocket of your parka or backpack, or in the car overnight. Prolonged exposure to the cold may affect the phone's display screen. When on the mountain, carry it in an inside jacket pocket, keeping it close to your body for warmth.
- Check your phone's signal strength in a non-emergency situation to know where the signal is strong and where it's not. Ski area and back bowl coverage may vary depending on topography and altitudes.
- If you hold a yard sale, pick up your phone first to keep snow from melting into the keypad.
"Our ongoing investment in Verizon Wireless' coast-to-coast digital network makes it possible for winter vacationers to use their wireless phones from the Western Rockies and Cascades to the Green and White Mountains of New England," said Jack Plating, executive vice president and COO for Verizon Wireless. "Skiers can maximize their time at their favorite mountain by using their wireless phone to check in with families, get in touch with friends in a neighboring condo, receive the latest snow report or make reservations at a nearby restaurant whether they're in the lodge or on a lift."
Verizon Wireless is dedicated to delivering outstanding customer satisfaction by providing a positive wireless experience to its 57 million customers. The company has invested $35 billion in the last seven years -- $5 billion on average every year since the company was formed -- to increase the coverage and capacity of its national network and to add new services.
For more information about Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 57 million customers. The largest US wireless company and largest wireless data provider, based on revenues, Verizon Wireless is headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 60,000 employees nationwide. The company is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.####