BASKING RIDGE, NJ and BRISTOL, CT — ESPN and Verizon Wireless, the builder and owner of the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, will launch a mobile simulcast of ESPN Radio tomorrow, exclusively on Verizon Wireless' V CAST Mobile TV service. The ESPN Radio channel will join ESPN Mobile TV on V CAST Mobile TV, and gives customers access to popular radio programming, including "SportsCenter AM," "GameNight" and "The Pulse."
ESPN Radio, the nation's largest sports radio network, offers fans expert analysis and commentary on shows such as "Mike and Mike in the Morning," "The Mike Tirico Show" and "The Herd with Colin Cowherd," in addition to the popular "Pardon the Interruption" and "Around the Horn." Now, fans will be able to take these shows when they are on-the-go through V CAST Mobile TV.
"With updated sports news, expert commentary and exclusive interviews, ESPN Radio on V CAST Mobile TV is a perfect way for sports fans to stay connected," said John Zehr, senior vice president, digital production at ESPN.
Ryan Hughes, vice president of digital media programming for Verizon, said, "ESPN has always been a great teammate and we're excited to add ESPN Radio to our growing V CAST Mobile TV line-up. The exclusive addition of ESPN Radio demonstrates our continued ability to deliver the best content available to our customers all in the palms of their hands."
Verizon Wireless customers will be able to listen to the following programs on the new ESPN Radio channel on V CAST Mobile TV:
Weekday Programming Program / ESPN Radio Anchor(s)
- "Mike and Mike in the Morning" / Mike Greenberg, Mike Golic and Bob Picozzi
- "The Herd with Colin Cowherd" / Colin Cowherd and Dan Davis
- "The Mike Tirico Show" / Mike Tirico, Scott Van Pelt, Michelle Tafoya, Kirk Herbstreit, and Dan Davis
- "The Stephen A. Smith Show" / Stephen A. Smith
- "SportsNation" / John Seibel, Orestes Destrade and Jon Stashower
- "Pardon the Interruption" / Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon
- "The Pulse" / Doug Gottlieb and Jon Stashower
- "GameNight" / Freddie Coleman, Ryen Russillo and Jay Reynolds
- "AllNight with Jason Smith" / Jason Smith and Jay Reynolds
- "SportsCenter AM" / Jay Reynolds and Bob Picozzi
- "The V Show with Bob Valvano" / Bob Valvano and Neil Jackson
- "The Best of Mike & Mike" / Liam & Joaquin (Mike & Mike's producers) and Kevin Winter
- "RaceDay Pat Patterson" / N/A
- "The Huddle" / John Clayton and Jeremy Green
- "Fantasy Focus" / Matthew Berry and Erik Karabell
- "ESPN Today" / John Kincade (Sunday) and Jim Basquil
- "Andy Gresh Show" / Andy Gresh
- "GameDay" (Saturday) / Jon Stashower, Andy Katz and Mel Kiper, Jr.
- "The Erik Kuselias Show" / Erik Kuselias
- "NBA Sunday on ESPN Radio" / Ryen Russillo and Jamal Mashburn
- "GameNight" / Freddie Coleman and Ryen Russillo
In addition to long-form video content available through ESPN Mobile TV, V CAST Mobile TV also features full-length shows and other programming 24 hours a day from well-known entertainment brands including CBS Mobile, COMEDY CENTRAL, MTV, FOX Mobile, NBC 2GO, NBC News2GO, and Nickelodeon. Monthly access packages begin at $13 per month. Four V CAST Mobile TV-enabled phones are currently available: the Voyager by LG, the LG VX9400, the MOTORIZR Z6tv, and the Samsung SCH-u620.
V CAST Mobile TV from Verizon Wireless is powered on the FLO TV service from MediaFLO USA Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated. Because MediaFLO USA operates a dedicated multicast network that delivers programming in a linear format, Verizon Wireless can offer customers the latest in mobile entertainment without impacting its award-winning voice and data services.
For more information about V CAST Mobile TV from Verizon Wireless, visit www.verizonwireless.com/mobiletv.
About Verizon WirelessVerizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 65.7 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 69,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, go to: www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About ESPN Mobile PropertiesESPN Mobile Properties is devoted to extending the ESPN brand and content over wireless and encompasses a wide variety of products, including the industry's most trafficked sports content wireless site (WAP); ESPN MVP, the immersive sports content application with real-time scores, news, video, personalization for favorite teams and much more; more than 100 daily on-demand video and audio clips; live video and audio content; mobile games; messaging based alert products; and a library of ESPN themed ringtones and wallpapers. ESPN content from ESPN Mobile Properties is available through licensing agreements with every major domestic wireless carrier and in more than 30 countries internationally.
ESPN Mobile TV, ESPN's first 24/7 channel for wireless is not a simulcast of any existing ESPN network.
About ESPN RadioESPN Radio is the nation's largest sports radio network, providing more than 9,000 hours of talk and event content to nearly 750 non-duplicative stations reaching more than 20 million listeners* each week. ESPN Radio's nearly 350 full-time affiliates, offering round the clock programming, include owned stations in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas and Pittsburgh. Additionally, ESPN Radio is the exclusive national radio network for the NBA, Major League Baseball and the Bowl Championship Series, Kentucky Derby, and also broadcasts 17 regular-season college football games.
Additionally, ESPNRadio.com is the most listened to sports radio destination online, with more than 260,000** monthly listeners, additionally sports fans can access all of ESPN Radio's daily content on demand through ESPN Radio Insider (a part of ESPN.com's premium content section, ESPN Insider). ESPN Radio content is also available via ESPN's 40 original free podcasts and ESPN's PodCenter, which are downloaded more than 1.5 million times per week.
* Knowledge Networks/SRI ** AndoMedia WebMetrics####