BASKING RIDGE, NJ and NEW YORK — Verizon Wireless, owner and operator of the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, and MTV Networks (MTVN), a unit of Viacom (NYSE: VIA and VIA.B), today announced the launch of mobile Web sites for MTV, VH1, COMEDY CENTRAL, Nickelodeon, and CMT on Verizon Wireless' Mobile Web 2.0(SM) service.
Available beginning today, the MTVN mobile Web sites include:
- MTV offering up-to-the-minute MTV News, show information, and music, featuring bios and more of today's hottest artists and a dedicated Street Team '08 area, featuring blog posts from the 51 citizen journalists covering the 2008 election as part of the Choose or Lose initiative;
- VH1 featuring the "Best Week Ever" Blog, the VH1 Blog, celebrity photo flipbooks, music and artist features, and VH1 News commentary;
- COMEDY CENTRAL with a "Joke of the Day," a "What's Your Sign" horoscope and a section dedicated to the Peabody and Emmy® Award-winning series "South Park";
- Nickelodeon featuring kid-oriented content including pictures, flipbooks, polls, and games including: a TEENick "Who is It" picture game and a SpongeBob SquarePants personality quiz; and
- CMT with news updates and show information that allow country music fans to stay connected to CMT's great heartland programming.
In addition to the newly launched WAP sites, Verizon Wireless offers V CAST Video channels for MTVN's MTV, Nickelodeon, COMEDY CENTRAL, VH1, CMT, Logo, Spike, MTV Tr3s, and Atom Films. Verizon Wireless' V CAST Video channels join its stable of live streaming channels available on V CAST Mobile TV, including MTV, COMEDY CENTRAL, Nickelodeon, and MTV Tr3s as announced earlier today.
Mobile Web 2.0 can be self-provisioned, eliminating the need for customers to call customer service or visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store to sign up for the service. Customers simply register for Mobile Web 2.0 on their Mobile Web 2.0-capable handsets by visiting the News and Info category under the Get It Now® menu on their phones.
Unlimited Mobile Web 2.0 usage is included with a $15 monthly V CAST VPak subscription, which also includes access to V CAST Video, V CAST Music and Get It Now applications. Alternatively, customers can access Mobile Web for free with a Nationwide Plan but will incur usage charges of $1.99 per megabyte. As an example, 50 Mobile Web 2.0 pages equal approximately 0.6 megabytes. Customers should view their customer agreements or see a Verizon Wireless customer service representative for additional details as legacy plans may vary.
For more information about Mobile Web 2.0 from Verizon Wireless, visit www.verizonwireless.com/mobileweb, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store or call 1-800-2 JOIN IN.
About Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 65.7 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 69,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, go to: www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About MTV NetworksMTV Networks, a unit of Viacom (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), is one of the world's leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms. MTV Networks, with more than 150 channels worldwide, owns and operates the following television programming services - MTV: MUSIC TELEVISION, MTV2, VH1, mtvU, NICKELODEON, NICK at NITE, COMEDY CENTRAL, TV LAND, SPIKE TV, CMT, LOGO, NOGGIN, THE N, VH1 CLASSIC, MTVN INTERNATIONAL and THE DIGITAL SUITE FROM MTV NETWORKS, a package of 13 digital services, all of these networks trademarks of MTV Networks. MTV Networks connects with its audiences through its robust consumer products businesses and its more than 300 interactive properties worldwide, including online, broadband, wireless and interactive television services and also has licensing agreements, joint ventures, and syndication deals whereby all of its programming services can be seen worldwide.####