CHANDLER, AZ — Wireless users in more Valley communities are now experiencing expanded voice and data coverage thanks to the addition of 12 new cell sites from Verizon Wireless, the carrier with the highest customer loyalty.
The new sites added in the first quarter improve overall coverage and call capacity for customers in:
- Fountain Hills along the Beeline Highway north of Shea Boulevard and the surrounding area, including McDowell Mountain Park and Sunridge Canyon Golf Club;
- Gilbert near the intersection of Cooper Road and Buchanan Street and the surrounding area;
- North Mesa between east McKellips Road, east Brown Road, north Power Road and north Higley Road;
- North Scottsdale at the Scottsdale 101 shopping center; and
- North Scottsdale along north Cave Creek Road and the Mirabel Golf Club community.
- South Mountain along Baseline Road from 7th Avenue to 16th Street; and
- South Mountain along Baseline Road from 7th Street to 32nd Street.
- Avondale near the intersection of 115th Avenue and State Route 85;
- Buckeye in the area of Miller Road and State Route 85;
- Litchfield Park near the intersection of Camelback and Dysart roads;
- Peoria near the intersection of 83rd Avenue and Hatfield Road and surrounding area, including the new residential and business areas; and
- Peoria along the Loop 101 between Cactus and Bell roads.
With the improved network coverage, customers can use their wireless phones and devices to make more calls; send and receive e-mail, text and multimedia messages; download music, games and ringtones; and view high-quality videos all while on-the-go.
The recent expansion adds to Verizon Wireless' $135 million investment in Arizona last year. Nationwide, the company has invested nearly $44 billion since it was formed $5.5 billion on average every year to increase the coverage and capacity of its national wireless network and to add services like BroadbandAccess, V CAST, VZ Navigator(SM), and many more.
Demand for Verizon Wireless services across the U.S. is reflected in the fourth quarter 2007 with the addition of two million net new customers. The company now serves more than 65.7 million customers nationwide. In the fourth quarter 2007, the company delivered nearly 45 billion text messages and completed 128 million downloads of music, videos, games, ringtones, and exclusive content, including 30 million video and music downloads.
"Our network expansion in the Valley in the first quarter 2008 is just another example of how we invest our resources to stay ahead of demand and to make sure that our customers enjoy a superior wireless experience," said Tony Heyman, regional president of Verizon Wireless. "This consistent investment is a key reason Verizon Wireless has ranked first in customer loyalty in the industry in each of the last 13 quarters."
Other examples of company leadership include being first to offer nationwide unlimited calling plans and the only provider to offer a 30-day network Test Drive pledge that pays for calls if a customer isn't satisfied and switches to another carrier.
For more information about the company's network coverage, Test Drive from Verizon Wireless or any of our products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
* Loyalty claims based upon publicly available churn (customer turnover) figures.
About Verizon WirelessVerizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 65.7 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 69,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, go to: www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.####