AUGUSTA, ME — Verizon Wireless is breaking new ground in the U.S. wireless retail experience today with the introduction of its evolutionary store design in Augusta, Maine. The 4,200 square foot store, located at the Marketplace at Augusta, offers consumers a high-tech and hands-on experience with wireless voice, data, music and video services.
The store design incorporated in new Verizon Wireless stores around the country in 2008 features a bright new design and integrates a number of innovative systems and operational enhancements designed to streamline the sales process and enhance the customer experience, including:
- Notebook computers demonstrating BroadbandAccess, the company's high-speed wireless Internet service geared toward mobile professionals, business customers, and on-the-go college students. Verizon Wireless cell sites in Maine and across New England offer wireless broadband connectivity.
- More than 55 working models of handsets, PC cards and other devices for customers to try.
- A greeter kiosk that allows customers to check in once they enter the store and list their wireless needs, so representatives can quickly assist them.
- A Bill Payment Kiosk that allows customers to make account payments quickly and easily using checks, cash or credit/debit cards.
- Customer Service and Technical Support departments, making it easy for customers to get account information, customer service and address technical issues from trained in-store staff.
"The new Augusta location provides increased customer service and shopping convenience to our Maine customers," said Verizon Wireless District Manager Steve Klaiber. "Increasing demand for Verizon Wireless products such as wireless broadband Internet, is driving our network and store expansions across New England."
Verizon Wireless has invested more than $45 billion since it was formed to increase the coverage and capacity of its national network. Regionally, the company has invested nearly $2.2 billion into its New England network, including over $292 million in 2007 alone.
Located at 37 Xavier Loop, The Marketplace at Augusta, the new Verizon Wireless Communications Store is open Monday through Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., and Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and can be reached at 207-623-5080.
The new design has been introduced in more than 100 new locations around the country, including Mansfield, Massachusetts and North Kingstown, Rhode Island. The new design will be introduced in additional locations either new or existing throughout the rest of 2008.
(Editor's Note: High-resolution images and broadcast-quality B-Roll of Verizon Wireless' evolutionary store design are available at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia).
About Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 67.2 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 69,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, go to: www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.####