IRVINE, CA — Wireless users in more southern California locations are now experiencing expanded voice and data coverage thanks to the addition of new cell sites from Verizon Wireless, the carrier with the highest customer loyalty.
The new sites improve overall coverage and call capacity for customers in and around:
- Baldwin Park Near the intersection of Freeway 605 and Valley Boulevard and surrounding area, including a portion of Freeway 10 and the commercial area between Redstone and Baldwin Park
- Calabasas Along Mulholland Highway near Las Virgenes Road
- Downey Along Firestone Boulevard to Imperial Highway and from Garfield to Downey Avenue
- Irwindale Along Olive Street to just past Maine Street in Baldwin Park
- Los Angeles Near the intersection of Hollywood Boulevard and Nichols Canyon Road and the surrounding area; along Hollywood Boulevard between Laurel Canyon Boulevard and La Brea Avenue, including service along Nichols Canyon Road, north of Hollywood Boulevard
- Rancho Palos Verdes Along Hawthorne Boulevard and the surrounding residential community
- San Fernando Around Laurel Canyon Boulevard and San Fernando Mission Boulevard as well as the I-5 Freeway near the busy I-5/I-405/I-118 interchange
- San Marino Huntington Library and surrounding residential area
- Santa Fe Springs Within a nearly one-mile radius of the intersection of Interstate 5 and Alondra Boulevard
- Torrance Around the Storm Business Park at the corner of Normandie Avenue and Sepulveda Boulevard, as well as a new housing development, "Las Ventanas," and coverage along the 110 Freeway
- West Hills Business district, north of the Fallbrook/Roscoe intersection
- Whittier Along Interstate 605 to Sorensen Avenue and from Washington to Whittier Boulevard
The recent expansion adds to Verizon Wireless' $4.6 billion dollar investment in California since 2000. Nationwide the company has invested more than $45 billion since it was formed $5.5 billion on average every year to increase the coverage and capacity of its national wireless network and to add services like BroadbandAccess, V CAST, VZ Navigator(SM), and many more.
"This consistent investment is a key reason Verizon Wireless has ranked first in customer loyalty in the industry in each of the last 14 quarters*," said John Palmer, regional president of Verizon Wireless.
Other examples of company leadership include being first to offer nationwide plans with unlimited calling and the only provider to offer a 30-day network "Test Drive" pledge that pays for calls if a customer isn't satisfied and switches to another carrier.
Verizon Wireless' reputation as the nation's most reliable wireless network is supported by industry-leading redundancy and maintenance measures. This has proven particularly valuable during natural disasters and other emergencies across the country. Standard Verizon Wireless network-reliability features include battery back-up power at all facilities as well as generators installed at all switching facilities and many cell site locations.
For more information about the company's network coverage, Test Drive from Verizon Wireless or any Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
* Loyalty claims based upon publicly available churn (customer turnover) figures.
About Verizon WirelessVerizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 67.2 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 69,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, go to: www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.####