BASKING RIDGE, NJ — Just in time for back to school, the builder and operator of the nation's most reliable wireless network announced today that the Verizon Wireless Blitz is available online at www.verizonwireless.com and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores. Designed for the heaviest of texters, the Blitz comes complete with a slide-out QWERTY keyboard and easy access to a dedicated My Messaging key, making this the must-have phone at schools from coast to coast.
The Blitz is a text messaging powerhouse with a 2.2-inch screen ideal for browsing the Web or checking e-mail. The phone is a music player ready for any party on or off campus. It is equipped with an MP3 player that can access Verizon Wireless' V CAST Music with Rhapsody's library of more than 5 million songs that can be downloaded to a PC and side-loaded with the included USB cable, synchronized with a Bluetooth® speaker or played right from the speakerphone. Most music downloaded onto the PC using V CAST Music with Rhapsody is free of digital rights management software, which means the music can be played on multiple devices.
Additional features of the Verizon Wireless Blitz include:
- Expandable microSD memory port with up to 4 GB support
- 1.3 megapixel camera features:
- Self-timer: off, three, five or 10 seconds
- Color effects: normal, antique, black and white, and negative
- Resolution adjustment landscape: 1280 x 960, 640 x 480, 320 x 240, 160 x 120
- Capture mode: portrait and landscape
- Dedicated camera key
- Self-portrait mirror
- Supported Bluetooth profiles: headset profile, hands-free (car kits) profile and advanced audio distribution profile (stereo)
- Media Center-capable downloadable games, ringtones, wallpapers, location-based services and more
- Mobile Web-capable customizable, enhanced wireless access to the latest in news, sports, weather and more
- Mobile Email access to MSN® Hotmail®, America Online® and Yahoo!® e-mail accounts
- Mobile IM capabilities
- Picture messaging
- VZ Navigator(SM) get visual and audible directions to thousands of destinations, locate businesses and other points of interest, get maps of a location and share directions with others
- Chaperone® Child-capable allows the Blitz to have its location shared with family members via the Chaperone Web site, the Chaperone Parent application or Child Zone® SMS Alerts
- Speakerphone with dedicated speakerphone key
- Voice commands
- Calculator, calendar, alarm clock, world clock, notepad and stopwatch
- Phonebook with up to 1,000 entries
- Speed dialing
- Display: 220 x 176 pixels, 262K Color TFT
- Dimensions: 3.5" x 2.6" x 0.7"
- Weight: 5.1 ounces
- Headset jack: 2.5 mm
- SAR: head 1.19 W/kg; body 0.694 W/kg
- Handset insurance: yes
- Hearing aid compatibility = M3
- Usage time: up to 280 minutes or
- Standby time: up to 280 hours
The Verizon Wireless Blitz is available for $69.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate and a new two-year customer agreement. Customers can sign up for V CAST Music with Rhapsody for a $14.99 monthly subscription.
For more information about Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon WirelessVerizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 68.7 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 70,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, go to: www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.####