PLEASANT PRAIRIE, WI — Verizon Wireless has opened its first Communications Store in Pleasant Prairie, at 9780 76th St., Suite 108., bringing to local consumers the coolest wireless phones and newest technology operating on the nation’s most reliable wireless network.
The 3,000-square-foot store is one of the first in the nation to showcase a new and highly interactive retail concept that is a departure from Verizon Wireless’ traditional retail store design. The new design integrates a number of innovative systems and operational enhancements designed to streamline the sales process and increase customer satisfaction. Among the new store’s features are:
- Oversized high-definition plasma screens showcasing the latest wireless multimedia applications such as V CAST and Get It Now®.
- A bright, open demo bar where customer interaction is guided by product-savvy sales staff, allowing customers to get a sense of the look and feel of a broad range of equipment and services.
- More than 75 working models of handsets, aircards and other devices for customers to handle and test.
- A greeter kiosk that allows customers to check in electronically, browse the store and then visit with a representative who already has the customer’s account background and reason for visit keyed up on the customer service computer.
- A bill payment kiosk that allows customers to pay their bills quickly and easily using checks, cash or credit/debit cards.
- Customer service and technical support departments, making it easy for customers to get account information, customer service and address technical issues from trained in-store staff.
“Residents in the Pleasant Prairie area now have much easier accessibility to the exceptional products and services that Verizon Wireless customers deserve and expect,” said T.J. Fox, region president – Verizon Wireless. “This new retail concept is the blueprint for an entirely new approach to customer service, and it delivers a shopping experience currently not offered by any other wireless provider.”
Matthew Mickelsen of Franklin has been named store manager and will oversee a group of nine employees, five of whom have been recently hired by the company. These newly hired employees are:
- Matt Garofalo of Pleasant Prairie – retail sales representative
- Michael Merritt of Kenosha – retail sales representative
- Brandon Poe of Kenosha – retail sales representative
- Lisa Blackwood of Pleasant Prairie – customer service representative
- Kraig Edwards of Kenosha – customer service representative
Employees transferring from other Verizon Wireless locations are:
- Joseph Conti of Kenosha – assistant manager
- Nicole Tatum of Kenosha – assistant manager
- Ivy Stiles of Kenosha – retail sales representative
- Miranda Visintainer of South Milwaukee – customer service representative
Verizon Wireless’ Communications Store in Pleasant Prairie is open Monday though Saturday 9 a.m.– 8 p.m., and Sunday from 11 a.m.– 6 p.m. The store’s phone number is 262-697-8533.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 68.7 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 70,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, go to: www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.