BASKING RIDGE, NJ — Whether updating their Facebook® status, chatting with friends over IM or listening to their favorite music, Verizon Wireless customers can use their new BlackBerry® Tour™ smartphones to get the best wireless experience to suit their personal or work lives.
The BlackBerry Tour from Verizon Wireless offers customers the latest in popular applications and services:
- Facebook® for BlackBerry® – View up-to-date status messages, photo uploads, comments, wall posts and more.
- MySpace® for BlackBerry® – Send and receive MySpace mail, update moods and status, post photos and more.
- Flickr™ Photo Uploader for BlackBerry® – Snap and share photos on the go, geotag photos so friends and family can see where they were taken.
- Instant Messaging (IM) capabilities – Chat with friends, family and co-workers using IM services including Google Talk™, Yahoo!® Messenger, AOL® Instant Messenger™ or ICQ® applications.
- E-mail – Send and receive e-mails quickly and reliably over Verizon Wireless’ network. The BlackBerry Tour also supports enhanced Web mail for AOL® Mail, Gmail™, Windows Live™ or Yahoo!® Mail.
- Mobile Broadband Connect capabilities – use the BlackBerry Tour as a modem to connect to Verizon Wireless’ high-speed network with a qualifying Nationwide plan.
- Ringtones and ringback tones – Select from thousands of ringtones and ringback tones to personalize your BlackBerry Tour.
- V CAST Music with Rhapsody – Choose from millions of songs to download over the air; get the master copy of the songs on your PCs; and sync favorite tracks, albums and playlists from your PC to your BlackBerry Tour.
- V CAST Song ID – Hear a song, hold the BlackBerry Tour toward the music so it can identify the music and purchase a full-track song, ringtone or ringback tone on the spot, over the air.
- VZ Navigator(SM) capabilities – Get there with audible turn-by-turn directions to more than 15 million points of interest, plus share the directions with others.
- Visual Voice Mail – Scroll through voice mail messages and respond to relevant messages first.
For additional information and pricing for Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com. Business customers can contact their Business Sales Representatives at 1-800-VZW-4BIZ.
About Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and data network, serving more than 86.6 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 86,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.