BASKING RIDGE, NJ — Verizon Wireless announced today that the new Verizon Wireless Escapade™, developed by Personal Communications Devices, LLC, will be available online at www.verizonwireless.com and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores on Aug. 21. A must-have phone for globetrotters and jet-setters, the Escapade’s quad band network compatibility allows customers to place voice calls in more than 220 destinations worldwide.
Color/design: Glossy wine finish, packaged in a slick clamshell design
- Dual band CDMA 1X and quad band GSM/GPRS (900/1800, 850/1900)
- Pre-installed SIM card
- Built-in 2.0 megapixel camera
- Dual color displays – internal 2”, 262k color TFT and 1.1”, 65k color CSTN external
- Bluetooth®-enabled with support for headset, hands-free, phonebook access, and Object Push for vCard profiles
- Voice commands key
- Text, picture and voice messaging
- T9 predictive text
- Media Center capabilities for downloading games, ringtones, location-based services and more
- Bilingual interface supports English and Spanish languages
- Mobile Web capabilities with access to the latest in news, sports, weather and more
- Access to Mobile Email, Mobile Web Mail, Mobile IM, and chat
- VZ Navigator(SM) capabilities for audible turn-by-turn directions to more than 15 million points of interest in the U.S., and the directions can be shared with others
Price and availability:
- The Escapade will be available for $29.99 after a $50.00 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
- Customers can purchase the Escapade beginning Aug. 21 at www.verizonwireless.com or in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores. For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
(EDITOR’S NOTE: Media can access high-resolution images of the Verizon Wireless Escapade in the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.)
About Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and data network, serving 87.7 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 87,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.