BASKING RIDGE, NJ — Verizon Wireless, the leading wireless company with the nation’s largest and most reliable wireless network, has been recognized for the “Highest Call Quality Performance Among Wireless Cell Phone Users” in five regions in the J.D. Power and Associates’ 2009 Wireless Call Quality Performance Study(SM), Volume 2, issued today.
The J.D. Power and Associates study measures wireless call quality among the major U.S. wireless service providers based on seven problem areas that impact overall carrier performance. More than 24,000 wireless phone subscribers were surveyed in the first half of the year about their experience with dropped calls, static/interference, failed connection on the first try, voice distortion, echoes, no immediate voice mail notification and no immediate text message notification. Based on their responses, Verizon Wireless attained the top ranking in five regions (including one three-way tie) covering 43 states and the District of Columbia:
- Northeast Region, which includes: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island and Vermont.
- Mid-Atlantic Region, which includes: Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Virginia and West Virginia.
- Southeast Region, which includes: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee.
- Southwest Region, which includes: Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma and Texas.
- West Region (in a tie with Alltel and one other carrier), which includes: Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Iowa, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
“Our mission is to provide Verizon Wireless customers with a consistently superior wireless experience, and this latest study is additional validation of our ability to deliver on that promise in more places,” said Anthony Melone, senior vice president and chief technical officer of Verizon Wireless. “We will continue to dedicate significant resources to our network so our customers can have a quality wireless experience from start to finish.”
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s largest and most reliable wireless voice and 3G data network and offers quality products and services backed by its recognized customer service. To increase the coverage and capacity of its premier nationwide network and to add new services, Verizon Wireless has invested more than $50 billion since it was formed in 2000 – $5.5 billion on average every year. In each of the last four years, Verizon Wireless invested $6.5 billion or more to expand and advance its network.
For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and data network, serving 87.7 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 87,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.