BASKING RIDGE, NJ — Now more than ever, skiers and snowboarders can maximize their time on the slopes and use their Verizon Wireless service to check in with family, touch base with buddies, get the latest snow report, or make dinner reservations from the lodge or the lift – all thanks to the nation’s largest and most reliable wireless voice and 3G network.
Verizon Wireless network engineers work year-round to improve service, increase coverage and capacity of Verizon Wireless’ national network, and add new services. Thanks to recent network enhancements, Verizon Wireless customers can enjoy increased coverage at even more popular mountain communities and ski resorts, including:
- Wolf Creek Ski Area in Colorado, with activation of a new cell site in Creede
- Breckenridge Ski Resort in Colorado, where Evolution-Data Optimized (EV-DO) coverage has been enhanced for the upcoming Mountain Dew Tour (Dec. 17-20)
- Aspen Ski Resort in Colorado, where EV-DO coverage has been enhanced
- Sugarloaf Mountain Resort in Maine, with a new cell site in Carrabassett
- Waterville Valley Resort in New Hampshire, with a new cell site in Waterville Valley
- Ski Roundtop in Pennsylvania, with new cell site in Lewisberry
- Stowe Mountain Resort in Vermont, with a new cell site in Stowe
- Bluewood Ski Area in Washington state, with a new cell site in Columbia County
Increasing voice capacity at these popular ski resort areas also gives customers an extra safety precaution. For a video report on how Verizon Wireless’ network reach helped in the rescue of two vacationers in Colorado, see “Polly’s Story” at www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6XjF1EC5A0.
In addition to increasing voice capacity, Verizon Wireless’ new cell sites also improve and expand the company’s 3G coverage, enabling powder hounds to use their wireless phones and devices to browse the Web with faster page loading times, quickly download and play music, send e-mails with attachments, watch streaming video, rapidly share files, and download and play 3D games while on the go.
The recent network upgrades are part of Verizon Wireless’ ongoing efforts to expand coverage, increase capacity, and enhance the quality of its wireless voice and data network. Verizon Wireless has invested more than $50 billion to do so since it was formed in 2000. In 2008 alone, Verizon Wireless invested $6.5 billion to expand and advance its network.
See Verizon Wireless’ 3G coverage for yourself; view a map of Verizon Wireless’ 3G coverage compared with competitors’ 3G coverage at http://vzwmap.verizonwireless.com/dotcom/coveragelocator/images/maps/3Gcomparison.pdf.
For more information about Verizon Wireless, visit www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving 89 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 85,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NASDAQ and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.