HAYWARD, CA — Whether e-mailing a study group, sharing experiences with friends via social media, or calling home for cash, students on America’s college campuses can turn to Verizon Wireless’ largest and most reliable wireless 3G network more than ever, thanks to recent enhancements near their campuses.
In and around Hayward, Verizon Wireless engineers have been hard at work expanding network capacity to enable students to take advantage of the company’s high-quality wireless service. Verizon has improved 3G data coverage and capacity around the Chabot College campus from Hesperian and Turner, south to Hesperian and Industrial, east to Bishop and Cascade and west to Depot and Clawiter.
These recent network upgrades at Chabot College and at college campuses nationwide are part of Verizon Wireless’ ongoing efforts to expand coverage, increase capacity, and enhance the quality of its wireless voice and data network. Since 2000, the company has invested $5.7 billion into its California network, including $485 million in 2009. Nationally, Verizon Wireless has invested more than $60 billion since its inception to increase wireless voice and data coverage and add new services.
Other colleges and universities benefitting from Verizon Wireless network enhancements include:
- Boise State University – Boise, Idaho
- Brigham Young University – Provo, Utah
- Butte College – Oroville, Calif.
- College of Eastern Utah – Price, Utah
- Colorado State University – Fort Collins, Colo.
- Dixie State College of Utah – St. George, Utah
- The Florida State University – Tallahassee, Fla.
- Fort Lewis College – Durango, Colo.
- Idaho State University – Pocatello, Idaho
- Mesa State College – Grand Junction, Colo.
- Montana State University – Bozeman, Mont.
- Penn State University – State College, Pa.
- Providence College – Providence, R.I.
- Sierra College – Rocklin, Calif.
- Southern Utah University – Cedar City, Utah
- University of Colorado – Boulder, Colo.
- University of Florida – Gainesville, Fla.
- The University of Montana – Missoula, Mont.
- University of Notre Dame – South Bend, Ind.
- The University of Utah – Salt Lake City, Utah
- University of Wyoming – Laramie, Wyo.
- Utah State University – Logan, Utah
- Weber State University – Ogden, Utah
- Western State College of Colorado – Gunnison, Colo.
Later this year, Verizon Wireless plans to launch its 4G Long Term Evolution (LTE) wireless services in 25 to 30 markets nationally. LTE will offer customers who live, work or travel in these markets significantly greater network speed and capabilities than even today’s most advanced 3G coverage. For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon WirelessVerizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving more than 92 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 79,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.