BASKING RIDGE, NJ, and HAUPPAUGE, NY — Verizon Wireless and Pantech today announced the Pantech UML290 4G USB modem will be available on Sunday, Dec. 5 in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com. The UML290, developed by Personal Communications Devices, LLC, connects to Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE network, the fastest and largest 4G LTE network in America, providing speeds 10 times faster than the wireless leader’s current 3G network. The ultra-fast 4G LTE download speeds enable high-speed access to company networks, e-mail servers and the Internet while on the go. Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE will launch on Dec. 5 in 38 major metropolitan areas, covering more than one-third of all Americans – 110 million people and in more than 60 commercial airports.
- Data Speeds
- 4G LTE – customers can expect download speeds of 5 to 12 Mbps and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in 4G Mobile Broadband coverage area
- 3G – customers can expect download speeds of 600 Kbps to 1.4 Mbps and upload speeds of 500 to 800 Kbps in Mobile Broadband coverage area
- 180 degree rotating USB connector folds away when not in use
- Supports Windows® XP 32-bit, Vista™ 32/64-bit (SP2) and Windows 7 32/64-bit
- Connects to corporate applications, e-mail, instant messaging and the Internet
- Efficient, innovative internal antenna design optimizes data transfer rate and sensitivity to network signals
Pricing and availability:
- The UML290 will be $99.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement on a 4G Mobile Broadband Plan. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted. Customers can go to www.verizonwireless.com/4Glte to check if their addresses will be in the initial 4G LTE coverage area.
- For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving more than 93 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 79,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About Pantech Pantech Co., Ltd., is one of Korea’s top three mobile handset makers. Pantech has received wide-ranging industry recognition for its innovative handset designs, and has also introduced a significant number of breakthrough technologies in the mobile phone industry. Established in 1991, Pantech collectively has approximately 3,000 employees and 6 regional sales offices worldwide. For more information on Pantech, please visit www.pantech.com.