CONFLUENCE, PA — To continue to stay ahead of rising demand for wireless voice, 3G multimedia and Internet access, Verizon Wireless has expanded its local network in Confluence, along the border of Fayette and Somerset counties.
Consumer Advantages The new cell site provides increased wireless voice and 3G data in Confluence and the surrounding area, including a section of State Route 281 on the south side of town and the northern portion of Youghiogheny River Lake.
- Download and use cool apps, from mobile social networking platforms to GPS-enabled maps;
- Rapidly browse the Web to keep up with news, sports, stock quotes, Hollywood gossip and more;
- Work on-the-go with fast file sharing;
- Quickly download and play music favorites from Top 40 to Classical;
- Send e-mails to friends, family and co-workers with picture and video attachments;
- Download and play vivid 3D games, and;
- Stream must-see video and customized radio stations.
"People across Pennsylvania are increasingly relying on smartphones and 3G applications to manage their busy lives and stay connected at home or on-the-go," said Mark Frazier, presidentOhio/Pennsylvania/West Virginia Region, Verizon Wireless. "The nearly $1.2 billion we've invested into our Pennsylvania network has kept us ahead of consumer trends, provided our customers a 3G advantage and underscored our belief that any mobile device is only as good as the network it runs on. Proactive and sustained investment has made Verizon Wireless the 3G leader in Pennsylvania and nationwide."
Harnessing the Capabilities of a Robust 3G Network Verizon Wireless' 3G network powers many leading mobile multimedia services, including:
- Mobile Broadband Internet Access: Notebook computer users can access e-mail, download files and browse the Internet at broadband speed, downloading a one megabyte e-mail attachment the equivalent of a small PowerPoint® presentation or a large PDF file in about eight seconds and uploading it in less than 13 seconds.
- V CAST Video: V CAST multimedia services offer customers the ability to play cutting-edge 3D games and stream video clips straight to their phones, as well as to watch dozens of on-demand videos, including breaking news, weather, sports highlights and the hottest entertainment clips.
Sustained Wireless Investment The company has invested more than $60 billion since its inception to increase the wireless voice and data coverage of its national network and to add 3G services like Mobile Broadband and V CAST. As the carrier with America's largest and most reliable wireless network, Verizon Wireless cell sites in Pennsylvania provide 3G wireless data connectivity.
Engineering America's Most Reliable Wireless Network The company's 'America's most reliable wireless network' reputation is based on network studies performed by test men and test women throughout the country. By traversing more than one million miles annually on Interstates, U.S. and state highways, as well as major roads and surface streets in high-population areasthe equivalent of two roundtrips to the moon or 40 trips around the worldthe test men and women confirm that voice calls and data connections are successful on the first attempt and stay connected. Vehicles are equipped with computers that automatically make more than 3.5 million voice call attempts and more than 19 million data tests annually on Verizon Wireless' network and the networks of other carriers.
About Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless operates the nation's fastest and most advanced 4G network and largest and most reliable 3G network, and serves more than 93 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 80,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.####